DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The eye and great serpant

I am sorry if this question has been asked of discussed a million times. I have read these books a few times and maybe I am missing something. Well obviously I am missing something but what IS the eye of the world and the great serpant? I don't entirely understand. And now I just read a post on this board about Ishy have one of those lines attached to the eye. Now I am really confused. Please can someone clarify this for me. Thank you so much for any feedback ahead of time.

Oh ok. I see. Thank you so much. Now can any one tell me where the eye came from if anyone knows at all? Was it created by AS or something before the breaking or during the breaking? Or is it something natural the Creator made and if so does that mean there is an eye for saidar too?

Have you finished reading The Eye of the World yet? Because Moiraine explains it in the book. It was created by men and women of the AoL working together during the Breaking, made against the Foretold need. They died in the process in order to make it pure.

If you read the last few chapters of tEotW, a lot of this is explained in there - if you find the chapter where they first head into the Blight and read a few chapters from there, you'll find it all...

Oh man. lol. Yea believe it or not I've read the entire series minus the newest one at least 3 or 4 times. But it has been a long time since I read them and after the reading the newest one I was so excited I went back and started them again. Just slipped my mind. I am currently at the section where she asks Loial to take them through the Ways in teotw right now. Well thanks for all the info. I apologize for my weak memory. =]

Guest rie rahien

great serpent is the sign of eternety alhemy and renawal eye is concetrated saidin in its purest form

Guest Thom Merrilin

Whats alhemy?

Whats the jewel of judgement?

Besides that, I just think that they wheel was never linear, because on the first page in chapter one of every book, it says there was never beginings, or endings, which pretty much means that it was ALWAYS a wheel.

Although you could put it as "the creator made this linear timeline, and made it into a wheel, and at that instant, there was no longer an instant where he made it, because once a wheel(or loop f you prefer)is made, you can't find it's begining, because it never had one."

And also, what if when the Creator made the wheel, he left a seem? A flaw? Is that similar to, or what, you were getting at? That maybe it was linear, then it was made a wheel, which unmade it from ever being linear, but when he made it, he left a seem? A place to test and break? Or maybe that "seem" is Tar'mon'gaidon(spelt right?), when the Dark one gets a chance to worm into it.

Sorry I was rambling, but this topic utterly confuses me now. (and something I was so sure about too) :?

Whats alhemy?

Whats the jewel of judgement?

I think they meant "Alchemy" and just mistyped it.

The Jewel of Judgement is from a completely different series of books; Roger Zelazny's 'Amber.' It's a large ruby pendant that can control the weather (to say the least), and that's also revealed as the eye of the serpent of Chaos.

Archived