spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, I'm not sure that favorite character and who I would like to be are really synonomous.  Often the characters I admire I find admirable because of he hardship and struggles they have overcome.  I do not, however, envy those hardships and would sooner skip them myself.  My favorite characters from the start have been Perrin, Nyneave, Min and Thom.  More recently I have come to consider Mat, Moiraine and Logain to be favorites as well.   As for who I'd most like to be I picked Mat because I could really use his luck and it wouldn't hurt to have the memories of a bunch of experinced men to help me through my daily struggles.  All that and being a ladies man to boot.  I also wouldn't mind being Min because she seem to have it relativly easy.  I mean she hangs around the palaces with Rand enjoying good food, luxuruous digs and making love.  The only problem is that Rand is the one she's making love to and I wouldn't want to do that, so I'd perfer to be Mat.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!

Picking between Rand, Mat, Perrin, Lan, and Logain is tough. On one hand Rand is Rand, the Dragon Reborn, gets all the ladies, is totally hard and tough, loses his hand, is utterly cool and awesome, wields the One Power, and dominates everything. Mat is cool and funny, he's tough, smart, loyal, and totally egotistical which I love. Perrin talks to wolves, has the most stable relationship of most anybody, knows what he wants, fights for it, and isn't afraid to do what needs to be done. On another there's Lan who even RJ wrote as being the man he'd always wanted to be. He's utterly loyal to the bone, he's hard, he's loving, he's a king, and he's a tragic hero in a lot of ways. And then there's Logain! And he's all cool and calm and collect while he commands serious power in the Black Tower, but he also spent a lot of time stilled and got beaten in Gheledan.

Soooooo... I got to go with Rand. If I'm going to be anybody, it's got to be the center of attention. Plus the ladies... enough said.  ;)

Thom would have to be who I would like to be, and it is hard to pick a favorite character because it seems to change book by book. So here goes:

Book One: Rand

Book Two: Ingtar because of how he ends his life.

Book Three: Mat fighting Galad and Gawyn, and his adventure through the Stone.

Book Four: Perrin and Loial For going to save the Two Rivers.

Book Five: Rand and Cast through the Waste and of course how it ends with Rahvin.

Book Six: I can't remember this book well enough same with seven and eight.

Book Nine: Mat and continuing through the rest of the books so far.

Of those on the list... Mat

But the coolest character is still Balwer, he spends an hour or two in a city and he knows all the latest news, he is much more than meets the eye. Therefore Balwer!  ;D

Guest Dreadlord

WHY IS MORIDIN NEVER ON THESE LISTS? And why do people always assume its a good guy that is peoples favourites?

Guest Dreadlord

Overall Ishamael/Moridin is my favourite, but there are many that come close. Padan Fain, Shaidar Haran, Moiraine, Mat, Logain, Taim, Nynaeve, Aviendha, Dashiva/Osan'gar (oh man, when I found out Dashiva is Osan'gar I couldnt stop grinning. Excellent!) Lan, and of course Rand (although somewhat not as much in the last few books due to the story evolving)

As far as favorite characters go mine has depends of the particular book

Book#1: Perrin - I was also 18 the first time I first read it and he was the one I most identified with.

Book#2: Nyneave - She was such a badass the way he handled the Seanchan and rescued Egwene and Min.

Book#3: Faile - yes, believe it or not she was my favorite in this one.  At the time she was this mysterious hunter of the horn, and I had no way of knowing how she'd turn out later.  This is, of course, based on my first read through.  In all subsequent read through's Mat has been my favorite in this one.

Book#4: Perrin - Because of the Two Rivers storyline

Book#5: Asmodean - I found the idea of a "good" Forsaken to be really cool.

Book#6: Taim - I found the idea of a false dragon joining up with Rand to be really cool and I loved when he came to the rescuse with the Asha man at Dummai's Wells.  At the time I had no way of knowing what he was really like, so he just seemed really cool.

Book#7: Lan - Loved the scene where he comes to Nyneave's rescuse on the sinking ship.

Book#8: Rand - I liked how he finally decided to do something about the Seanchan even it is did go disasterously.  Also the first time we saw him weild Callanor since TDR (I think all that was in this book, anyway).

Book#9: Mat: The way he was constantly harassed by Tylin made me feel sorry for him and envious all at the same time.

Book#10: Logain - well, because he's F#&king Logain!!!! nuf said.  Also was the first time we really got to see him and Rand interact (of couse the didn't get on as well as I had hoped they would).

Book#11:  Perrin - Because we actually got to read more that 10 pages about him for the first time since TSR.  It was great to have him back.

Book#12:  No way to say for sure at this point but I'm predicting that Moiraine will be.  She obviously has a huge part to play.  Her storyline is the one I'm most looking forwared to reading, anyway.

Overall, I prefer Fain, I've always found the bad guys to be more fun. Hes easily the most unique of all the characters and there is something about this dangerous, completely insane psychopath who has become the closest thing to an arch-nemesis Rand has. Hes a cockroach, and like all roaches, no one can seem to kill him.

Mat is up there as well, as I'm sure he is for everyone

For most of the books my favorite character has been Perrin. There are several reasons for it among them the fact that I think wolfs are awesome. Mostly though, it's because he's a very unwilling hero.

Sure, niether Mat nor Rand want to be some "bloody heroes" either, but they still want the power and to a degree glory. Perrin just want to be a blacksmith.

Unfortunately, since Faile was captured he's been nothing but a major pain in the... And at the same time Mat have become more and more interesting.

I do have big hopes for Perrin now that he's gotten Faile back though, and I hope he will once again be my favorite character in the finishing book :)

In order:  Egwene, Mat, Aviendha, Suian, Moiraine, Min, Thom, Sorilea.

I liked Perrin in TDR and TSR, but then married Faile and got all whipped.

An interesting side note:  When I first started reading tWoT when I was about 11 or 12, my favorite characters were Faile and Nynaeve.  At 25 now I can't stand Faile and Nynaeve only beging to get tolerable in LoC.

Moridin and Padan Fain certainly deserve to be in the list, but there's another character that is missing, that:

Doesn't annoy at all, compared to the whole lot of the rest

All in all, has been the driving force behind almost every major event in the books

Reaches out to every other character in some way (and thus, the readers too)

Knows a LOT, but isn't arrogant at all, compared to others

Other characters either hate or fear this character

Nobody loves this character (except for Moridin maybe, in a way)

Eventually, will lose (since there's going to be a la Hollywood-happy-end finale, I'm afraid)

Where is Asmodean on this list and all the other Forsaken, can't people like the Forsaken too?  I think Asmodean is the coolest character, playing his music to go along with the mood of the moment.  His conversations with Rand were very cool, I was so disappointed when I got to the end of Fires of Heaven and he was killed.  Here's a freebee:  RAND KILLED ASMODEAN - you heard it here first.

Here's a freebee:  RAND KILLED ASMODEAN - you heard it here first.

Well, that's not quite true.  The "Rand killed Asmodean" theory has appeared on this board before; several times actually.  Unfortunatly Rand was in a meeting with Bashere at the time of the murder so he has a pretty good alliby.  Besides, what would be his motive? 

Of the 3 Ta'veren:  Mat, who by description and the little picture atop the webpage here looks just like my friend Matt Dood.  I think he fleshes out the best of the 3.  

Of the main broads:  Nynaeve.  She's bossy, short AND shorttempered.  

Villain:  Machin Shin.  Very little is scarier than an unreasonable, insanity causing black wind (fire and steel).

Archived