DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin's people

What will happen to the hundred thousand people, the former gai'shain, that Perrin gathered in after the Shadio were defeated? 

Time is running out and TG is perhaps weeks away. There is not enough time to feed, clothe, and help get back home at least a hundred thousand people.

Will the people pick up weapons and fight in TG?

Rand can easily have every male tested to see if they can learn to channel.

There are two possibilities to my mind. One, Faile uses her claim to these people to form them into some form of coherent following, or two, Masema's insane rhetoric catches hold amongst them, and forms them into an army of crazed zealots.

Faile already had several hundred oath sworn to her at the time of her rescue.  "...and they told two friends, and they told two friends..."  so I expect that a good many of them will wind up freeholding in the Two Rivers, which if I remember is still a largely underpopulated area, even with the refugees coming over the Mountains of Mist.

It's not a very long haul from Malden to Emonds Field.

the true gai'shan, like Bain and Chaid, i don't see picking up a weapon until they're year and a day is gone.  it's only been roughly 2 or 3 months into their capture so unless TG is held off, alot of useful Aiel will not be able to participate because of Ji'toh  (unless there is an unspoken rule about fighting the shadow that allows the gai'shan to pick up weapons) 

i wouldn't put it past the Carhein's playing at Ji'Toh to try making soem of those outlander gai'shan their own and keeping it from Faile.  (i have to say I'm right with Perrin on not liking them and thinking they are idoits)

some of the outlander gai'shan might have a problem going back to the normal way of life because they are just resigned to being servents the rest tof their lifes and gave up  (like with the Paranach being made Da'colve)  others will want revenge on the Aiel people, and hearing the Prophets talks will make them think following him is the best way to regain that revenge.  other will follow Faile and Perrin, in hopes for restarting their lives and because he is the one who rescued them.

these are my thoughts on what will happen, though they will mostlikely change once i get to that part in KoD's and see how the people actually react to being saved.

Archived