DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What will Egwene do?

Rand alThor

I think Tuon is going to round up the Seanchan and take them to the White Tower to help the rebel Aes Sedai (because of Mat), and some of the Asha'men will join with the rebel Aes Sedai as well (though not very many). The some of the rest of the Asha'men will join with the Aes Sedai in the Tower. Gawyn will continue leading the Younglings against the rebels, facing off against Gareth Bryne. Because Suain is with Gareth though (along with other Aes Sedai and Asha'men) Gawyn will lose.

While this battle is being fought outside the Shinning Walls, Egwene will continue making the Aes Sedai in the Tower (along with the Novices and Accepted) turn against Elida. Eventually she'll rally enough strength that Elida will finally become scared and talk to her. This will trigger the Black Ajah (and Messana) to show themselves and flee the Tower.

After Gawyan loses, he'll then kneel to Egwene. And with all of these armies together, Rand will lead them to Shayol Ghul for the last battle.

Interesting question. I'd rather think that nothing will happen as RJ has only a certain amount of room to finish everything in one book. Egwene has a long way to go if the previous books say anything about event spacing. How long did it take to get to Salidar? How long did it take Perrin to get his wife?

I think the sky will darken, Sheinar will be overrun, and the Trollocs will be attacking Tar Valon. Both sides will have to join forces, and Rand and the boys will show up to steal the show. Somehow Elaida will hang herself (comment about under) and Egwene will be pissed at Rand for stealing the show and taking command... know the anger.

I think Egwene will continue doing what she is doing. She doesn't need to work hard to bring down Elaida, she's taking care of that on her own. She's greedy and a drunk and all of the women in the White Tower are beginning to notice.

Mat will go to rescue Moiraine and while he is gone, Tuon will lead the Seanchan in a battle to take the White Tower.

During the attack, Elaida will lose it. She won't be able to deal with the impending threat. She'll be in the middle of a meeting with Egwene or something when Gawyn runs in and tells her they're under attack. Elaida will stumble and stall and when she makes a bad decision, Egwene will take control. She'll bring the rebels inside the city walls to boost their defences, thus quashing any rebellion and the battle will last until Mat returns with Moiraine to the White Tower.

Like Leaf i think that Elaida will crack when the Seanchan invade, and that in the chaos Egwene will step forward and lead the Aes Sedai by sheer force of her will. He actions will keep the aes sedai from being immediately overthrown, which they were on the verge of before Egwene stepped up. I think that then an army of trollocs will arrive and the BA will be forced out of hiding, and that eventually the Seanchan by sheer need will end up fighting alongside the Aes Sedai (i think Lan will be there, having fought the trolloc army all the way south from the borderlands) This will be when Tuon arrives, having just met Rand and reached an agreement. They will win the immediate battle, and Rand will face Egwene's anger over the alliance with the Seanchan...

I'm with Leaf and Luckers on this one. Elaida is not exactly known for calm and collected thought in a crises. She's more likely to believe that it's all some plot against her and not a real threat against the Tower.

And I just had a thought. Elaida has had that palace constructed, which will be pretty much useless once she's deposed. Maybe the AM will move in there after the two organizations link? Because I have to think that eventually Elayne will want her land in Andor back.

Hi, my fist post since being a lurker for long time.

Is there any reason why everyone assume that Egwene will be mad/upset/angry toward Rand for allying with Seanchan? I know she's been collared by them once, but then Rand needs all the allies he can get for the final face off with the DO forces, and we all know Seanchan has mighty forces.

If she upsets with Rand for allying with Seanchan, I wonder what she'd do if she ever finds out that Mat is married with the Seanchan's heir (or Queen), or Perrin works with Seanchan to fight the Shaido Aile. Did Egwene ever find out that Eleyne and Nynaieve have Seanchan friend (Domon's lover, can't remember her name, except it starts with "E")? I can't rememeber this....

She still hates the Seanchan, that's one of the things that makes her character who she is. Once she finds out about the alliences with the Seanchan though, she's going to have to be mature about it. She's seen in her dreams that the Seanchan will come, and she assumes that's a bad sign because she's prejudice towards them. That's all going to change in the next book.

Egwene has an irrational hatred of the Seanchan because of what they did to her, meaning it goes beyond just being appalled by their methods and such - she won't be able to take an alliance with them sitting down, even though she might intellectually be able to accept the necessity, she'll flip out. You'll see.

Is there any reason why everyone assume that Egwene will be mad/upset/angry toward Rand for allying with Seanchan? I know she's been collared by them once' date=' but then Rand needs all the allies he can get for the final face off with the DO forces, and we all know Seanchan has mighty forces.

[/quote']

Well, we know that "the Dragon will know the Amyrlin's anger", from a foretelling of Elaida's, and we are assuming it will have something to do with the Seanchan.

“Well, we know that "the Dragon will know the Amyrlin's anger", from a foretelling of Elaida's, and we are assuming it will have something to do with the Seanchan.†– A Nightmare’s Nightmare

Well said. I agree with the assumption.

“Egwene has an irrational hatred of the Seanchan because of what they did to her, meaning it goes beyond just being appalled by their methods and such - she won't be able to take an alliance with them sitting down, even though she might intellectually be able to accept the necessity, she'll flip out. You'll see.†– GoodGrief

I agree with pretty much everything here except the assertion that Egwene’s hatred of the Seanchan is irrational. I think it’s perfectly rational to hate a people who’s core belief is to enslave you. A people who have enslaved you. Her views are perfectly rational. I think that’s what makes this intricate web so exciting. Everyone has a really good point to make. Mat, Rand, Perrin and especially Egwene. I agree she will flip out and I think Rand will cop the brunt of her assault. And he’ll cop it all on the chin and then she’ll agree to help him.

“And I just had a thought. Elaida has had that palace constructed, which will be pretty much useless once she's deposed. Maybe the AM will move in there after the two organizations link? Because I have to think that eventually Elayne will want her land in Andor back.†– bcxanth

I agree. I think the Black Tower in Andor will be totally destroyed.

I think it’s also interesting to speculate on how Gawyn will figure in all of this. I think he will be the swing vote between Egwene gaining power or being executed. She had a dream that Gawyn would have to choose one of two paths or something? Help me out, I don’t have my books with me. I think he will interrupt a meeting between Egwene and Elaida and demand orders when the Seanchan attack. He will either have to side with Elaida or Egwene.

Egwene will die with any luck. That man hating she ***** deserves to die. I have no sympathy and no understanding of her. To bad it won't happen. RJ likes strong women a little too much. What i dream about is Rand putting Egwene in her place. I fear, however, that instead RJ will have her humble Rand a little bit. That will be tough to read. In fact I may skip it. I'm a malist. Thank god for stong muscles and no true power.

It's rational to loathe slavery. It's rational to loathe those who practice slavery for the practice of slavery. It's not rational loathe or despise them for everything and in every way.

No person or people or belief is entirely good or evil. Everyone and everything is some of both. Egwene may not be capable of finding anything good in any Seanchan.

That is not rational.

Guest Egwene

Egwene had an understandable hatred of the Seanchean for what they did to her. Just to refresh peoples memory here... she was treated like a dog and housed in a so-called Kennel. Not many people would come away from that and have anything good to say about the aggressors.

However, Egwene has shown that she can put aside personal wishes in the interest of the tower. She will first and foremost seek to unite the tower and aid Rand, and if that means a pact with the Seanchean, she will do it. I thought there was something in KoD that hinted at this already. Some PoV of Egwene in response to a dream or some report.... anyone remember such a thing?

yes, i agree, her hatred is irrational because it has a deep grounding in fear. i know that we have some psycologists in our community, can we have a comment from there pls, on irrational hatreds and fears. that would be interesting

i think that the seanchan will attack the WT, but egwene will beat them back, and the will agree to leave the tower alone as a condition of the treaty.

its all or nothing now folks

Doesn't Egwene have a dream in Book 8 that shows that she needs a Golden Hawk to secure the WT? And isn't the Golden Hawk a symbol of the Seanchan? I might have this wrong ... I've reread book 8 recently but I haven't gone back to recheck the reference.

If this is so ... then Egwene will need the Seanchan in some form - whether this is on her side or as some sort or catalyst - to throw over Elaida.

Archived