DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Scott Lynch Question...

Niamh Sedai

Hello lovely DMers. I have a query and was hoping that someone would be able to help me.

I was a little put out (please read as massively disappointed) to see on Amazon.co.uk that 'The Bastards and the Knives', and 'Republic of Thieves'  have been pushed back in publishing dates from May and June to November and February respectively. Is this true? Have the books really been delayed?

Does anyone have any more information? I can't seem to find anything more other than they have been delayed and no one seems to know anything else above that.

Any info would be appreciated!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the wait. I don't check Dragonmount as much as I used to.

Anyway, it's worse. Republic of Thieves now won't be out until February or March 2009 because Scott missed his deadline. The Bastards and the Knives will be out some time after that, possibly in summer 2009 (the UK edition won't follow until Christmas 2010).

The main forum I hang out at is asoiaf.westeros.org, particularly the Literature section, as well as Wotmania's Other Fantasy section and Malazanempire.com. I don't tend to post news on the blog (although I've thought about it), just reviews.

Sorry for the wait. I don't check Dragonmount as much as I used to.

Anyway, it's worse. Republic of Thieves now won't be out until February or March 2009 because Scott missed his deadline. The Bastards and the Knives will be out some time after that, possibly in summer 2009 (the UK edition won't follow until Christmas 2010).

Thanks for the info :) I'll just have to find some other stuff to read  :P

Archived