DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Group Novice Class: Intro to Saidar - please sign up here

Elgee

Instead of being taught Intro to Saidar by your Mentor, you can now join in a group class. Please sign up here to join the class (Handle and character name, please).

Rules to be posted soon.

Right - it looks like we have all the sign ups we're going to get.  There is one novice who did not respond to pm's or email - if she does post within the next week, cool, otherwise she can join the next class.

Here's how it will work:

There will be 4 lessons, in four different threads.  I will put up the first class asap, with an OOC note of what your reply should be about.  You will each post one reply.  This will bring you to a total of 4 posts, at the end of the 4 lessons.

You will have 2 weeks to post in each thread, though the threads will probably be put up 1 week apart.  Please take your time to write it up, rather than rushing through it. Remember that you are in Randland, and use appropriate language (ie I doubt they've ever heard of "acid trips"  ;D).

Each post should be a minimum of 250 words, 3 paragraphs.  They can of course be longer, just don't write me a 5 page epic!

Use this opportunity to explore your character, interact with your fellow novices, and above all ... HAVE FUN !

If there is anything you would like to see in these lessons, any input you have, please post it here or email/pm me.

Questions?

First off, can we still have our characters post questions before actually 'submitting' the Homework assignments? IC'ly, i mean?

Second question would concern Raising requirements... This would, i assume, count as an OP-related RP, but would one lesson suffice (unlikely) or is it about the set of four?

2nd question: It counts as 1 OP-related RP, yes.  I've divided it into 4 separate threads, per Raeyn's recommendation, so that those who come in a bit later can post without holding it up for others.

1st question: Your post is your "homework"  :D

Questions will make it more realistic, so they're very welcome - i would suggest that your IC questions come later in your post, and I will reply to them after the other novices have posted.  You're welcome to post more than once in a thread, but it's not going to count towards anything (ie you're still going to have to post once in each of the other 3 threads i'll be putting up for this class)

I hope that was clear enough - typing this at work, so kept getting distracted

No probs, though it seems i did it the other way around for Jerinia though. Her personality is more chaotic and spontaneous, and she'd be more likely to ask questionswhen she thinks of them rather trhan at the end of class ^^;

Still, not worried about how the posts are counted. What matters is the RPing itself anyway ^_^

Managed to completely overlook the email - haven't checked around much, so i didn't catch the PM till now x_x If it's not too late, I would like to sign up - if it is, I will wait for the next class

Character Name: Lanaya Traemane

Handle: Lanaya

Oooh you made it!  :D

That's quite all right, hon - you can still join in - you have until wednesday next to post (21 May).

Glad to have you here  :D

The 1st Class has been moved to here (the subsection your dear aged MoN only saw yesterday  ::)):

Dragonmount Forums > Dragon Reborn Role Playing > East (DR) > The White Tower (DR) > White Tower Classroom

Link: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,30638.0.html

I will answer Jeh's question in class 1 soon, but I wanted to get the 2nd class up in time first, and here's the link to that:

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,30835.0.html

Go forth and spawn RP's, my children  ;D

Since only 3 novices have posted in the 2nd class (I haven't had a chance to write something as Esther yet), and I'm totally slowed under at work and getting home exhausted, I'm postponing putting up class 3 untill the weekend at the earliest.

Sorry about that, guys  :(

• 2 weeks later...

Lih-Lyh: Lanaya has not posted in class 2 in the time given, and Eadon has not posted in either class 1 or 2, so please move ahead without - they will have to try in the next round of classes.

I will be ending the Class 2 thread today, the Light (and Telkom) willing.

i think she means the same class, next post *grins*

Let me know if you're going to send that whole bunch of unruly louts to the Mon, Lih-Lyh, or if you want the MoN to stroll in there  ;D