DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

***TRAITORS IN THE BLACK TOWER*** Mafia game thread.

Talya

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the mafia's greatest weapons is getting off to a head start by making the first lynch look useless. We actually have some info now, so why not review that instead of bandwagoning for no reason? Those who push a lynch for no reason when reason has been introduced to the board are miggggggghhhhhhhtttttttty suspicious. To me, anyways.....

I figure my ominous silence is a threat to our comunity, and so I vote Demi

or wait, I have that thing... what's it called... will to live! And also innocense. So, go UNVOTE ME IN BIG RED LETTERS

and I VOTE

[bIG RED LETTERS]LOKI[/ BIG RED LETTERS]

I quick post, can't be assed to find the red color : p

Here's what I 'm thinking:

Most mafia games are won by the mafia, right? But a very high percentage of games that are won by innocents owe the win to an early mafia lynch (on the first or second day). The mafia are then forced to scramble a bit because any trails they left leading back to the lynched mafia member will convict them as well. When the mafia has to scramble, they make mistakes, just like everyone else, and they give themselves away. The key is to get them moving, and on the first day that means that the innocents will gain a major advantage if they can get everyone posting and provoke a few responses.

Granted, it is harder to do on day 1, but that does not mean that everyone should just give up. That only works to the mafia's advantage.

Day 1 votes are usually the best way to call somebody out and provoke them into posting. If they panic, that could be a bad sign. If they come up with bad reasoning, that could be a bad sign.

So far we have the normal spread of votes - lots of players with one or two votes against them for no particular reason. And the Loki bandwagon has taken the lead. But based on what?

Clim started the vote - It's best you don't try to understand Naeann. But for my vote: [glow=red,2,300]Loki[/glow] It's a nothing vote. Nothing to base it on and nothing to really incriminate Clim with. The only thing that bothered me about it was the obvious reasoning that Loki is a dangerous player, and any evil team would be well served to knock him out of the game fast. But that can work in reverse as well, so I just let it go for now.

But then, Tayol pings the scumdar for the same reason - well Talya always talks about him, so im going with [glow=red,2,300]Loki[/glow] This reasoning is as weak as everyone elses, but its day 1, right? Unless you look at it as the next step in an effort to create a bandwagon. Now I am really watching to see who votes next, knowing that the reasoning will be crucial.

And it pops up like it's been predicted. lord jumps into the fray with sorry im late....[glow=red,2,300]Loki[/glow] No reasons at all? Yikes!  This is a classic lay-low technique, and this does not help the innocent team at all.  When you vote, post your reasons so that everyone can use your perspective to help sort the puzzle out! Instead, lord proves himself to be one of two types of players:

1. Mafia - It is a vary mafiaish technique. Lay low, knock out the dnagerous players, and the less said the better.

or

2. An innocent that just goes along with any bandwagon. This is almost as bad for the innocents because this kind of player is easily manipulated by the mafia. It is also sympish behavior.

Which, imo, makes lord the clear front runner for the lynch.

It should be noticed that Loki did not panic, but did try to point out that the votes against him were suspicious. He does not really ping my scumdar atm.

It should also be noticed that Naeann is METAGAMING!!! ;D [glow=red,2,300]Dpr[/glow].. when you run your opinions this loudly thru the game it usually means you are hiding something. I beg to differ. When I run my opinions this loudly through the game, it usually means that I am up to something. If I'm hiding something, I'm usually quiet. 8)  Although, I would be hurt if you thought I was that obvious. I'm just trying to figure out how to win in a group of players I've not played with before. heh

lol Dpr.. yes I was doing a bit of metagaming... remember I was evil with you once too. :P It's not when you are thoughtfully quiet that worries me... it's when you are "overly helpful".  You are VERY good at what you do.:D Don't worry I still lubs you. :P 

Maybe glow the votes from your quotes another color though because It looks as though you are voting for Loki in it.  I almost thought so til I reread it and saw you glowed your own name in your quote from me too.

Jelly... he means Loki's reveal.  Now we get to figure out if Loki is mafia and it's a false reveal to bring out the real finder and try to save his hide in the mean time... or if he really is the finder.

So what's the strategy now? We definitely don't want to lynch the finder, but chances are if we don't lynch him, he'll be assassinated by the mafia at night if he isn't mafia.  If they don't kill him over night, it means he most likely is mafia and we have to lynch him tomorrow...

ol Dpr.. yes I was doing a bit of metagaming... remember I was evil with you once too.  It's not when you are thoughtfully quiet that worries me... it's when you are "overly helpful".  You are VERY good at what you do.Don't worry I still lubs you.

;D Mafia games come and go, but lub is fer ever!  Now, I'll be the first to point out that trying to sway people's opinions is the very essence of this game, but that is different than encouraging people to play!

So far, I've presented my logic and the player I think is most likely to be evil. I've also encouraged activity, avoiding day 1 apathy, and posting the logic behind the votes so that we can compare and ultimately figure out exactly who is who. What I won't do is to to try and push a lynch. If you like my logic and agree with me great. I'm hoping that someone sees something that I've missed and brings up other points in addition to mine. We don't have a time limit yet, so let's use activity to our advantage!

So what's the strategy now? We definitely don't want to lynch the finder, but chances are if we don't lynch him, he'll be assassinated by the mafia at night if he isn't mafia.  If they don't kill him over night, it means he most likely is mafia and we have to lynch him tomorrow...

Your'e spot on with not wanting to lynch the finder! But, the healer will probably cover Loki tonight. So, even if he lives, there is no proof that he is or isn't mafia. He will, of course, need to report on what he found during every night, and a lynch or a death will confirm him. I hope....MOD Talya, is this a coroner-finder game?

As far as who to lynch goes, there are probably 2 or 3 mafia players, so even if Loki is mafia and is false claiming, we can still focus on the other.  I'm still holding to my logic on lord for now, but am open to other views, so please post them!

Yeah....that was supposed to look like:

ol Dpr.. yes I was doing a bit of metagaming... remember I was evil with you once too.  It's not when you are thoughtfully quiet that worries me... it's when you are "overly helpful".  You are VERY good at what you do.Don't worry I still lubs you.[/qoute]

Mafia games come and go, but lub is fer ever!  Now, I'll be the first to point out that trying to sway people's opinions is the very essence of this game, but that is different than encouraging people to play!

So far, I've presented my logic and the player I think is most likely to be evil. I've also encouraged activity, avoiding day 1 apathy, and posting the logic behind the votes so that we can compare and ultimately figure out exactly who is who. What I won't do is to to try and push a lynch. If you like my logic and agree with me great. I'm hoping that someone sees something that I've missed and brings up other points in addition to mine. We don't have a time limit yet, so let's use activity to our advantage!

Your'e spot on with not wanting to lynch the finder! But, the healer will probably cover Loki tonight. So, even if he lives, there is no proof that he is or isn't mafia. He will, of course, need to report on what he found during every night, and a lynch or a death will confirm him. I hope....MOD Talya, is this a coroner-finder game?

As far as who to lynch goes, there are probably 2 or 3 mafia players, so even if Loki is mafia and is false claiming, we can still focus on the other.  I'm still holding to my logic on lord for now, but am open to other views, so please post them!

Son of a....

Take 3:

Yeah....that was supposed to look like:

Lol Dpr.. yes I was doing a bit of metagaming... remember I was evil with you once too.  It's not when you are thoughtfully quiet that worries me... it's when you are "overly helpful".  You are VERY good at what you do.Don't worry I still lubs you.[\qoute]

Mafia games come and go, but lub is fer ever!  Now, I'll be the first to point out that trying to sway people's opinions is the very essence of this game, but that is different than encouraging people to play!

So what's the strategy now? We definitely don't want to lynch the finder, but chances are if we don't lynch him, he'll be assassinated by the mafia at night if he isn't mafia.  If they don't kill him over night, it means he most likely is mafia and we have to lynch him tomorrow...[\quote]

Loki (5): Clim, Tay, LotD, Jelly, Demi

Jelly (3): Dae, Vemy, TMD

LotD (2): Loki, DPR

Clim (1): Korin

DPR (1): Naeann

With 14 players it takes 8 to lynch

And yes Wes, it is a corner-finder game

Archived