DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne is going to die.

Honestly of all the other characters in AMOL I really can't say which will live and which will die but I'm pretty sure that Elayne will die.  Here's why:

It mostly has to do with the way she's been running around all devil-may-care because Min has predicted that she will live to see her children born.  Elaye reasons that she cannot be killed because Min's viewings always come true.  I really think that this may be forshadowing her ironic death during childbirth.  Of couse I don't think it will be due to natural causes, honestly I think Cyndane just might play a role in it (I mean she went all ape-caca over Rand sleeping with Avi, so she can be happy about another woman having his babies).  So then what who will rule Andor when Elayne is dead?  Well, I'm assuming the Elayne will give birth to a new daugher-heir who will become the infant queen upon Elayne's death.  But then who will rule until she comes of age?  Well, having Morgase return to the thrown would be beyond lame at this point and besides I think she will remain with Perrin and Faile when its all said and done.  So the next logical choice would by Dylin (sp).  Remember that she was a popular choice to be Queen or Andor, however, she was reluctant to take the thrown and decided to support Elayne instead.  Therefore, she might very well end up ruling as stuard of Andor until Elayne's daughter comes of age.  Dylin certainly will be a reluctant ruler, but one of the themes of WOT is that power is best weiled by those who are reluctant to weild it.  So it would be fitting. 

I agree and disagree, all at the same time! I dont think Elayne will die, I think RJ spent too much time setting her up to take the Andoran and Cairheinin thrones to throw her away at this stage. She's not been very necessary throughout the books so far (Nynaeve could have done most of it alone, or with Aviendha), so I think there must be some point for Elayne, which we're yet to see.

I have, however, always believed that something will happen during her childbirth for two reasons;

a) it seems too 'normal' for it all to go smoothly and nothing untoward to happen

b) the aiel who came to read her babies and told her there were two, made quite a point of telling her that during the birth, she would have absolutely no connection to the source whatsoever.

Pobably not goin to happen becasue of the viewing that Min had about the three of them standing over Rand's funeral bier. Unless she survives the the last battle and kills them after that scene then it will probably not happen.

Actually Min's veiwing involved three unspecified women standing over Rand's funeral bier.  It is tempting to assume that they are Elayne, Min and Aviendha, because they are Rand's three lovers, but the three women have never been comfirmed as such.  They could be Graendal, Messana and Aran'gar for all we know (ok, probably not but you get the point).  Another possiblity is that this is not an event that will literally happen but a more symbolic viewing in which two of the women standing over Rand's corpse are Alivia who is suposed to help him die and Nyneave who many theorize will help Rand live again.  Only problem is I can't imagine who the third woman could be in this scenerio.  Since one helps him die and the over helps him live again it would make since for the third to be someone who helps him sustain life.  One way this might happen would be through bonding which could mean that Alanna could be the the third woman or perhaps Rand will be bonded by yet another woman since Alanna's bond should break at the time of Rand's death.  I see Moiraine, Cadsuane or possibly even Egwene as the most likely candidates.   

And of course Mins viewing ties in with Nicolas Foretellinjg, where she identifies the three women...

The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives.

Elayne is quite obviously the Lion Sword.

And of course Mins viewing ties in with Nicolas Foretellinjg, where she identifies the three women...

The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives.

Elayne is quite obviously the Lion Sword.

Oh yah, I forgot about that line :D  Oops, my bad.  That pretty clearly is Elayne, Avi and Min.  Still it does not prove that any of them survive the series as it may be more of a symbolic image than a literal event.  If Mat does lose an eye, as many predict he will, I doubt that he will litterally pluck it out and place it on a scale, and I doubt that Perrin will litterally jump off a cliff and learn to fly before he reaches the ground.

Archived