DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Horn of valere Question

Blade

So here's a little something I was thinking about with the horn of valere. I know that the inscription reads 'the grave is no bar to my call' but does that mean that it only works through the grave or does it actually summon all heros? I was thinking this because at the time the first horn was blown, All heroes of the horn of Valere were all assembled at one Place. So I was wondering, do you think if the horn were sounded again that it would summon all the heroes of the horn both living and dead? or do you think that the living heroes by their nature would already be assembled when the horn is sounded?

So here's a little something I was thinking about with the horn of valere. I know that the inscription reads 'the grave is no bar to my call' but does that mean that it only works through the grave or does it actually summon all heros? I was thinking this because at the time the first horn was blown, All heroes of the horn of Valere were all assembled at one Place. So I was wondering, do you think if the horn were sounded again that it would summon all the heroes of the horn both living and dead? or do you think that the living heroes by their nature would already be assembled when the horn is sounded?

Yeah, I don't think it would summon any living heroes. The very strong implication is that it only summons the dead ones. Any heroes that have already been spun out would miss the party. Unless of course they're old enough to join the party. Then the Pattern would probably make sure they're there anyway.

Yeah, I don't think it would summon any living heroes. The very strong implication is that it only summons the dead ones. Any heroes that have already been spun out would miss the party. Unless of course they're old enough to join the party. Then the Pattern would probably make sure they're there anyway.

Wait-think about this in a kinda philosophical sense.

The Horn of valere, inscribed Tia mi aven Moridin isaindre vadin-does summon dead heroes.

But in a sense it also summons the live ones. i.e: the heroes who are trying to hunt it out...

Archived