DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thief-takers are REAL!

GrandpaG

I never knew that.  I figured they were part of RJ's imagination.

Yesterday on the History channel they were talking about bounty hunters.  In the old days in England they had trouble with highwaymen.  They paid a bounty to "thief-takers" to capture them.

Not important, I know.  Just thought it was interesting. :)

It wasnt really 'the old days' - highwaymen such as the legendary Dick Turpin were around in the UK until probably the late 1700's. when people travelled by carriage or horse, and many highways ran through woodland it was very easy to 'hijack' a party and usually using a sword or later pistols, to demand their gold, gems etc.

If anyone has seen Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, what they do to the party when he takes her ring is similar to what highwayment did.

many highways ran through woodland it was very easy to 'hijack' a party and usually using a sword or later pistols, to demand their gold, gems etc.

I totally read that as "laser pistols" and thought this thoroughly interesting thread had taken an even more wickedly awesome turn. ;D

Guest Dreadlord

Heres a question.

Uno and Juilin Sandar are both thief takers, yes? Does that mean they both have the ability to "smell" stuff, or is that just an extra ability Uno has?

Stand and Deliver! *Robs everyone passing through the thread*

While I'm at it...

Heres a question.

Uno and Juilin Sandar are both thief takers, yes?

No. You're thinking of Hurin.
Does that mean they both have the ability to "smell" stuff, or is that just an extra ability Uno has?
It is Hurin's ability. Juilin doesn't have the same ability. Uno's power is a magic disappearing eye. A shame it wasn't also a magic reappearing eye, but these things happen.

Only the English can look at something that happened ion the late 1700s and say "Oh, that wasn't the old days"  "Back in the old days..." insert pre-cambrian reference here.  Heh heh heh
Back in the old days, back before the Earth formed, we English already had more history going for us than the Yanks ever will. There were Englishmen present at the Big Bang (no ladies, as it was deemed somewhat undignified). Stiff upper lips were maintained in the face of the universe being created.

Stand and Deliver!
Obscure Adam Ant reference?
Obscure (apparently) highwayman reference. Would you have got it if I said "Your money or your life"? *takes HoppyQ's money and life*...no-one said I had to play fair...

Archived