DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something orginal: a newbie presentation

Oras Ghar

The Light shine on you all!

The registration on the forum being an adventure in itself, I'm glad to be at long last able to present myself.

So here I am, a French Wheel of Time reader, who is currently in his second going through the novels, and GMing a WoT RPG campain.

This is it!

The Light shine on you all!

The registration on the forum being an adventure in itself, I'm glad to be at long last able to present myself.

So here I am, a French Wheel of Time reader, who is currently in his second going through the novels, and GMing a WoT RPG campain.

This is it!

Guest Egwene

Bienvenue Oras... welcome to Dragonmount :) .. ok, that's as much french as I can muster for the time being... and god knows if I spelled it correctly.

Great to see someone from France. I don't think we have many members from you beautiful country, Oras. I will definately visit it one day for a longer holiday. Just thinking about all the glorious french patisseries makes my mouth water!!

Do you read the books in french or in english?

I guess GMing is a RP exression. Hope you enjoy joining our RP side... some really nice people there! Wish I had more time and could have a go at that, too.

As you are on your second read, I can safely recommend the book discussions without fear you might encounter spoilers. I am hoping that lots of people will leave their vote in the many polls we have there (especially the Asmo one *g*). Makes them much more interesting. So have a go..

... and for pure fun... visit Fiddlesticks!! :P

Guest Egwene

Bienvenue Oras... welcome to Dragonmount :) .. ok, that's as much french as I can muster for the time being... and god knows if I spelled it correctly.

Great to see someone from France. I don't think we have many members from you beautiful country, Oras. I will definately visit it one day for a longer holiday. Just thinking about all the glorious french patisseries makes my mouth water!!

I guess GMing is a RP exression. Hope you enjoy joining our RP side... some really nice people there! Wish I had more time and could have a go at that, too.

As you are on your second read, I can safely recommend the book discussions without fear you might encounter spoilers. I am hoping that lots of people will leave their vote in the many polls we have there (especially the Asmo one *g*). Makes them much more interesting. So have a go..

... and for pure fun... visit Fiddlesticks!! :P

Great! Hope you have a great time here!

There's a ton of stuff to do here which includes:

-Orgs: join one and you can meet new people through one of the groups in the book (ex: Band of the Red Hand, White Tower, etc...)

-RPing create your own character and take them through the world of WoT.

-Book Discussion like Egwene said, there's no spoilers if you're reading the series a second time, and her Asmo thread is really interesting.

Lastly, enjoy yourself here and post on the boards. Hope to see you on the boards!

Great! Hope you have a great time here!

There's a ton of stuff to do here which includes:

-Orgs: join one and you can meet new people through one of the groups in the book (ex: Band of the Red Hand, White Tower, etc...)

-RPing create your own character and take them through the world of WoT.

-Book Discussion like Egwene said, there's no spoilers if you're reading the series a second time, and her Asmo thread is really interesting.

Lastly, enjoy yourself here and post on the boards. Hope to see you on the boards!

Guest TheDemigod

Welcome to dragonmount!

i hope you'll like it here, and please do make sure to stop by the yellow ajah boards *nods*

have fun!

Guest Egwene

Corki, I think if you go right back to the first threads, you'll find I might be able to sue you for plagiarism! 8)

Thank you all for the warm welcome ;o)

In English' date=' naturally ;o) Far more pleasant to read than in the usually pretty awful French translations ;o)

As you are on your second read, I can safely recommend the book discussions without fear you might encounter spoilers.

Actually, I have not read Knife of Dreams yet ;o) I am precisely going through all the books again, quite slowly and with other reads between, in order to be able to securely chain Knife of Dreams and A Memory of the Light as the latter is released... in order not to force upon myself a third re-reading. So I'm spoiler-shy ;o)

One thing I wish to know: how do you guys manage to catch up with all the messages posted here every day? Just between yesterday and this evening, I have 168 threads in which new posts were made... If anyone has a tip, I'll be glad to get it ;o)

Guest Egwene

Oras, the trick is simple.... don't even try!!

Most people have their favourite boards. Those you tend to check all the time. The others, you have a look in every now and than. Even those boards that I visit most days have far too many threads to read them all. Especially on the more serious debating boards, I only follow those that really interest me.

It's probably one of the reasons I like Fiddlesticks a lot. You don't have to read everything that went on before (the same probably applies for the Org boards). Just the last few entries should give a good idea where a thread is heading. You'll always have the odd 'inside joke', but the longer you stick around, the more of those you'll understand :wink:

It's a bit like being thrown into a deep pool... the only thing to do is go for it and paddle... you'll soon get the hang of swimming :D

Archived