DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What was it that Herid Fel found out?

Rand alThor

I think he hit upon the same thing the LT tried to make Rand do. That the seals need to be broken. The whole having to clear away the rubble before you can rebuild thing. Rand won't be able to completely win the Last Battle, maybe not even be able to bring it on and defeat the DO, without breaking them first.

I think he hit upon the same thing the LT tried to make Rand do. That the seals need to be broken. The whole having to clear away the rubble before you can rebuild thing. Rand won't be able to completely win the Last Battle, maybe not even be able to bring it on and defeat the DO, without breaking them first.

Well, firstly it would seem that Min is going to be the one to discover what it was he discovered, since she has his books. I suspect that it definately will be the key to Rand defeating the Dark One--after all, who but a philosopher could figure out how to fight a non-physical enemy that exists outside of reality. Or bind him for that matter.

Also, i dont know if anyone else noticed this, but one of his books that Min grabbed was written by Ishamael.

Well, firstly it would seem that Min is going to be the one to discover what it was he discovered, since she has his books. I suspect that it definately will be the key to Rand defeating the Dark One--after all, who but a philosopher could figure out how to fight a non-physical enemy that exists outside of reality. Or bind him for that matter.

Also, i dont know if anyone else noticed this, but one of his books that Min grabbed was written by Ishamael.

Wouldn't be too sure of that one--when did Min learn the old tongue? Also very little survived the Breaking, where would Fel turn one of Ishy's works (and didn't he specifically try to destroy copies of his works during the Fall)?

Elayne has that useful Ter'angreal, which of course she won't use too.

Wouldn't be too sure of that one--when did Min learn the old tongue? Also very little survived the Breaking, where would Fel turn one of Ishy's works (and didn't he specifically try to destroy copies of his works during the Fall)?

Elayne has that useful Ter'angreal, which of course she won't use too.

I think the book that you may be referring to was written by Herid Fel, "Reason and Unreason". Min is seen reading it in PoD, Chapter 27, "The Bargain". It's title is similar to those known to have been written by Ishamael:

"Analysis of Perceived Meaning"

"Reality and the Absence of Meaning"

"Disassembly of Reason"

I agree that his knowledge and research were very much inline with Ishamael's pre-Forsaken works, and therefor were found to pose a real threat should that knowledge be passed onto Rand.

I'll agree with that.

What doesn't immediately follow is that the Gholam killed Fel and next we see (no more than weeks later) he's working for Sammael. Could Moridin have a Gholam too? Or a Dark One ordered hit (also Demandred's list of who is to live or die from the Dark One--but he seems to lack Gholam too). We only know a Gholam killed Fel, not that it was Sammael's, but there were only seven of them and another hasn't turned up.

It's pretty strange, yea, it's the black Aes Sedai who kidnapped Min who most probably could have found out about Fel and passed that on, if they thought it impotant enough. But wouldn't they have reported to Mesaana. Then again, Sammael had info about the Tar Valon embassy since he planned the Shaido attack, actually probably he was knowing about the plan to get rid of the Younglings and the like, if not the planner, through some black sister.

I suppose it goes to show that Min could hold up info after the kidnap.

Archived