DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stopping in to say Hi...

Serenla

Hi,

I have been a long time fan of the WOT series and have finally decided to be a part of the Dragonmount community.  Started reading the books at a hard place in my life and found a fantasy world in which I could totally immerse myself.  Have lost counts of rereads as I have read them in a continuous loop since 1996 except for short ventures into a few short series. (Ya know the 3 book kind...)  And there was a 6 month gap after we lost RJ, in many ways I think I lost my best friend even though I never met him...  I imagine I am with people who totally get that here of all places.

So that's it for now it's great to finally come home.

Welcome Serenla! I hope you enjoy your time spent here. Hopefully I will see you sometime in the Illuminator Org, the Home for All Things Creative.

Yeah the time after we lost RJ was rough, but he still lives on from within his work.  :)

Welcome to the madhouse, dear :)  I'm a pretty avid re-reader myself, and generally have gotten in at least 2 or 3 rereads of the series a year since I've started on them too!

I'm sure some of the gals will be down here soon to share their enthusiasm towards the RP, so I'll cut them off at the pass (heh heh!) - if you're interested in joining those of us that enjoy writing in the Wheel of Time universe, scroll down and check out the RP boards.  We're always glad to have new members come create with us!

And, in general - welcome to Dragonmount.. we're all a bit insane here!

Firstly, welcome to DM!

I've somehow never managed to re-read WoT. It just seems to daunting a task to undertake! And it doesn't help that my books at not with me in the house I share with friends at uni. However, back at home, I do dip in now and then. I will get around to a re-read once my rather large reading list is slightly smaller!

It was a shock and sadness to hear of RJ's passing. He's played a vital role in many people's lives, and I'm one such person. But his name will live on, and his readers will make sure of that.

As already mentioned, DM has a lot to offer. Have a look about, and see what suits you. All places are good to meet new people and friends. If you want any specific information about anything (RP, ORGs etc etc), just ask and we'll help you out.

But whatever you do at DM, have fun! :)

Welcome and well put, Serenla!

You know, I'm sure I named an Aes Sedai that in one of my RP's ... lol

Anyway, you are so right - this place is home for most of us, I think - where people totally understand why the WoT books would be first thing saved in a fire, and don't look at you funny when you say something like "flaming cowbells!"  :P

RJ's death, even though expected, was still a devastating blow to us all, but it brought us closer together.

Where ever you go on here, you're sure to find friends who share your interests :D

Archived