DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How the DO can win

Shaidar

Apart from just breaking free and killing everyone, that is...

Anyway, while a quite ago I wrote a long topic about how the DO is NOT winning. The gist of it is that though the Dark is militarily superior, the Light more than compensates by the preponderance of channelers at their disposal. Unless DO breaks free or reveals some very big and unpleasant surprises, victory for the Light seems easy to achieve.

What could a surprise be?

1) Making all Shadowspawn invulnerable to the Power. (An idea inspired by the Darkhounds thread). Then just drown the Westlands in hordes of Trollocs and perhaps jumara packs.

2) The DO's influence grows so strong that the Power itself becomes unreliable or vanishes. The Light's trump card becomes a total flop. The Forsaken can be bumped off and replaced by 100% loyal and reliable Myrddraal and Super Fades.

In fact I'd actually bet that one of these two things will happen in AMoL.

Discuss.

Apart from just breaking free and killing everyone, that is...

Anyway, while a quite ago I wrote a long topic about how the DO is NOT winning. The gist of it is that though the Dark is militarily superior, the Light more than compensates by the preponderance of channelers at their disposal. Unless DO breaks free or reveals some very big and unpleasant surprises, victory for the Light seems easy to achieve.

What could a surprise be?

1) Making all Shadowspawn invulnerable to the Power. (An idea inspired by the Darkhounds thread). Then just drown the Westlands in hordes of Trollocs and perhaps jumara packs.

2) The DO's influence grows so strong that the Power itself becomes unreliable or vanishes. The Light's trump card becomes a total flop. The Forsaken can be bumped off and replaced by 100% loyal and reliable Myrddraal and Super Fades.

In fact I'd actually bet that one of these two things will happen in AMoL.

Discuss.

Kill the Forsaken. Create new Gholams = victory.

I agree that if the DO could do something to the power, it would be a devastating blow and possibly ruin the chance of the Light. I can't see it happening because he already tried that with tainting the Male half of the OP. Maybe, doing the same with Saidin (the taint, I mean) might do some major damage until the Light figured it out, but with all of the Male channelers, I think the Light would have a slight edge still.

We all know that the Light is going to win or something like that, because if RJ wrote a 12 book series just to say that the bad guys win, then that is BS.

I want Rand to go over to the Shadow in AMoL, and then return in tears when he kills Min, Elayne, and Avienhada, and then using the Choden Kal fights off the DO till the very end and then Moridin helps him and then everybodys happy and they all live happily ever after.

Add a bunch of gore, crying, violence, blood, etc.... into that and it would a descent ending to the series

GO SHADOW!!!

All he have to do is Kill Elayne, Aviendha and Min. Rand will go mad....and boom...without him no arrogant Cady or annoying and iritating selfish jerk like Egwene can do anything to stand against DO.

Can I kill Egwene now....?

Guest Dreadlord

Turn Tam to the Shadow. I want Moridin to pull some really nasty tricks on Rand when they meet. Moridin should pose as Tam, make Rand think him a Darkfriend, and send Rand loopy

Or even better, when Rand confronts the Dark One...

"RAND, I AM YOUR FATHER..."

Didn't the Shadow (because we were not told who exactly) in TDR fill Rand's dreams of his father, mother, and other people close to him, try to kill him? I can't see RJ doing something twice like that. Moridin is going to have to be more clever.

The DO doesn't have to win a military battle, or conquer the light, etc. All he needs to do is break into the Pattern. I'm firmly of the belief that it's actually a battle for Rand's soul- an attempt to skew the choices Rand makes. Moiraine commented early on that a ta'veren like Rand could mend the pattern, or tear it for all time.

The DO is using the Forsaken to distract Rand. It's not a battle with the Forsaken or the forces of the Shadow- that was LTT's mistake. The battle is with the DO, at the proper time. Everything else is a distraction.

I've noticed many readers are sucked into the same perception.

Archived