DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi, How Are You?

Hello.

I don't know much yet but here I am. I don't really know what to say except that these forums seem intresting.

I used to be a huge fan of the books a few years ago but book ten annoyed me 300 pages in and I decided to drop it. I recently started re-reading the early books and have since gotten the habbit of checking out these forums and any WoT info I can - pretty much like the good old days.

Not sure if I'll continue past book nine this time either so I try my best to avoid spoilers.

Well some short info about me I guess...

Intrests: Reading, writing, watching movies, taking photos and generally being too curious.

Favorite books: Picture of Dorian Gray, The Great Hunt, Lord of Chaos, Perfume, The Great Gatsby, Secret Garden, Mrs. Dalloway & more.

Favorite movies: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Donne Darko, Schindler's List & more

Teh postive: I tend to be honest.

Teh negative: My honesty tends to piss people off at times.

Anyways, happy to be here. =D

Welcome Sunshine + Gasoline! We are glad to have you. Based upon your Interests, you look like a creative person so please allow me to reccommend checking out the Illuminator's Org. It is the home of creativity on Dragonmount and I think you could have fun there.

I think that while Book 10 was difficult, Book 11 really picked things up nicely so push on through it. You might be surprised.  ;)

Welcome Sunshine + Gasoline! We are glad to have you. Based upon your Interests, you look like a creative person so please allow me to reccommend checking out the Illuminator's Org. It is the home of creativity on Dragonmount and I think you could have fun there.

I think that while Book 10 was difficult, Book 11 really picked things up nicely so push on through it. You might be surprised.  ;)

Thank you for the welcome, SamVimes. =D

Illuminator's Org? Is that some kind of group that you have to join and take part of? I'll check more into it for sure.

My problem with the later books (post book 7) was that too much story went into chracters I didn't care about. I started reading the books for Rand, Mat and Perrin. I felt Perrin got screwed since Faile made him a lapdog. Rand was barely around. Mat was the only one keeping me intrested and I was really bored with seeing him ruined with marrige so I kind of didn't want to see that out of sheer fear of the possibilty of one of my favorite characters being ruined. Sorry if I was wrong. Plus many more things just plain annoyed me to the point where I didn't want it to ruin the early books for me. >__>

But if book eleven really is back to the older faster pace then I guess I will push myself thru ten. =D

I can only agree with Sam - I thought book 11 was the best of the series, so far.

Nice intro, btw  :D

I'm curious - why did you pick that handle ?

Thanks! =D

Is book eleven really that good? =O Now I am really intrigued.

My handle? I assume you mean my username. /n00b

Well, my favorite band is the experimental rock band Godspeed You! Black Emperor and they have a "song" called sunshine + gasoline and I always found the title to reflect my personality. The postive and the negative put together; beautiful and off-putting at the same time. Did I mention that I think too much? >__<

Guest nephitess

Hey there Sunshine! LOL...I like the handle!

welcome and i hope you have fun around here. I see you met my Ajah sister Elgee so i'm sure your in good hands. ;)

what kind of job do you have, Sunshine ? (not going to type out that whole long name! lol)

No worries, call me whatever suits you the best. =D

I have a boring industry job where I operate a welding machine. Let's just say that I have more time to reading books and writing than to the actual job. I'm pretty happy with that arrangement for the moment.

Hey there Sunshine! LOL...I like the handle!

welcome and i hope you have fun around here. I see you met my Ajah sister Elgee so i'm sure your in good hands. ;)

Thanks! =D

Judging by your avi you appear to be Red Ajah. =O I thought your group was suppose to hate hot sexy male speciments like me? =D

Hello Sunny Gas Man.  Welcome.  You have great taste in books and movies!

Ha! I like what you did there with my name! =D

I'm glad you approve of my books and movies; they are a huge part of my life after all.

Lol Sunshine ... we lurrrve hot sexy men  ;D  Don't we, Nephs? *winks*

And hopefully I have my proper sig back now - fooled you with the innocent novice one, heh ? hehehe

Any job that allows you time to read sounds great to me ... you write too? What type of thing?

Lol Sunshine ... we lurrrve hot sexy men  ;D  Don't we, Nephs? *winks*

And hopefully I have my proper sig back now - fooled you with the innocent novice one, heh ? hehehe

Any job that allows you time to read sounds great to me ... you write too? What type of thing?

He, yeah, you definitely fooled me but I did find your avi a bit suspicious.

I wouldn't call myself a serious writer since I just keep writing down random thoughts that come to me into my notebook. I refuse to call it poetry since  I find it horrid. I make excuses that I still suck because it's a recent hobby I picked up but I don't ever think I'll be the next Bukowski.

But what is your music taste like? Not that it will affect you joining the Band of the Red Hand ORG, DM's music and travel ORG! ;)

Oh, and welcome to DM!  :)

You people ARE welcoming! =D

Hmm. I kind of avoided mentioning the music since I'm a complete tard for music and it sometimes scares people. But I guess it shouldn't be too much trouble since you have a music section unlike what I thought.

Some favorites: godspeed you! black emperor, Radiohead, Nirvana, Joy Division, Elliott Smith, Modest Mouse, Andrew Bird, Silver Mt. Zion, Coldplay, Mogwai, Sigur Ros, The Beatles, Slint, Jens Lekman, Explosions In The Sky and a many more.

Archived