DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Baseball

Guest tree-brother

Guest tree-brother

The second week of the season is coming to a close. Glad to see the players on the feild again. What is everyones fav team and who do you like to make it to the Wolrd series

Guest tree-brother

My fav team is the Rockies. They made a great push to make it into the series last year. I have like them since they were founded.

• 1 month later...

It's an acquired taste, Brandan. I didn't really like it much until I was just out of my teens.

Much like Americans who don't understand soccer, most non-fans of baseball can't appreciate that it's all about anticipation and tension.

What's the pitcher thinking? Can he hit my pitches? Is my stuff good today? Am I locating my spots?

What's the batter thinking? Play the count? Go for the gap? Hit it out of the park? Where's the mistake?

It's like poker except the card being dealt could come in the form of a 98 mile per hour fastball tailing towards your head.

The true key is having a team to follow. You could know absolutely nothing about any other team, their players, their history. If you obsess over just your own team, you'll know everything you need to in order to enjoy the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I HATED when they changed it from Anaheim to Los Angeles. HATE.

The stadium is in Anaheim man, and it's a nice park. I live over an hour away from L.A. and I don't really identify myself with L.A. .

MY team is from Anaheim, but whatever. If the owner wants to sell a few more t-shirts by saying it's L.A. ...

Archived