DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aviendha's parents!!!

anamul

I have long wondered on the subject. Now that I am re-reading shadow rising...I find myself wondering why RJ hasn't bothered to give any info regarding her family.Except her sister.

It may be so that this has nothing to do with the main plot....but when it comes to a character like Aviendha, a couple of line regarding her parents would have been nice.

I wonder if RJ ever commented on that, I am sure some one has already asked the question long ago.

By the way, I just finished Elantris and Mistborn.......All I have to say is AMOL is in good hand. Apart from RJ it couldn't have fallen in better hand than Sanderson.

I thank Harriet with all my heart for her choice. I just loved Elantris.....After sooo long...at last I found a book I am willing to read again and again....and again.

Brandon Sanderson have RJ's nobelity of mind...and love, it reflects in his books....unlike many other hopeless writer I can name.

Mistborn is as spectacular...but I haven't read well of ascention yet....looking forward to it.  ;D

I have long wondered on the subject. Now that I am re-reading shadow rising...I find myself wondering why RJ hasn't bothered to give any info regarding her family.Except her sister.

It may be so that this has nothing to do with the main plot....but when it comes to a character like Aviendha, a couple of line regarding her parents would have been nice.

Maybe RJ thought that having her uncle and aunt (Rhuarc and Amys) being important characters was enough :)

Besides, it's not like Rand's going to find out anytime soon:

Speaking of an Aiel's in-law (second-father or second-mother) is a hostile act, which can lead to fighting or someone being taken as gai'shain. (VI: 286)

Though seeing him get pummeled by Aviendha and her two first-sisters (Rand's other two wives) would be amusing to read ;D

-----

Wait a second, the Car'a'carn carried the Maidens' honor, so he'd incurr toh to all of them... BATTLE ROYALE!! XD

the Waste being the Waste, theyre probably dead. In the end though, Aviendhas parents are not a major part of her history, her being a former Maiden is though.

Then it would appear that she was raised by her aunt and Rhuarc. Though I am hoping Sanderson will at least mention it on the last book. May be when she mary Rand. Sanderson, as a fan might have wondered the same thing....now its up to him.

Archived