DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Another TP user?

Olver

In KoD, the Forsaken comment on someone moving large numbers of trollocs and Sammael seems to be assigned as the responsible party. If it was Moridin who used the TP balefire on Sammael at Shadar Logoth, he would most likely put the theory to rest but doesnt.

Unless the TP user at SD is not Moridin but someone else as yet unintroduced by RJ. Its unlikely to be Shaidar Haran as Rand seems to see the face of a person and not a Fade who Rand would have easily recognized.

Are there any discussions about this around?

Haven't seen anything convincing put forward that the TP user in Shadow Logoth and the TP user watching Sammael and Graendal aren't both Moridin/Ishy. Can't be certain of course (could be Bela for all we know), but no other conclusion strikes me as reasonable.

Not reading the end of CoS carefully is the cause of plenty of whacky theories. Here's my synopsis:

Sammael (note lack of Mashadar around him): Fool! You let the plight of a throw away character distract you, now you die! Mwa HA HAHA!

Rand: What a sheep brained farmboy I am. (Desperately redirects balefire towards Sammael.)

Balefire do-over: Area where Sammael was is all Mashadar (i.e. ground near Sammael was destroyed in the past, Mashadar seeps through).

Jordan quote: Mashadar ate Sammael, he's really, really, really, really dead.

Forsaken get-togethers are tougher. They always scheme against each other to some extent, and have more than healthy egos. There's usually a couple possible interpretations of what we see and often we don't know enough about what's going on to pick out what's deceit and what's not for sure.

Archived