DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

(Moved from Tinker DG) Spring -- from the Gleeman's viewpoint.

GrandpaG

The end of winter.

Finally.

Cold eases toward warm.

Deep, dark snow clouds grudgingly give way to lighter, puffier, spring shower clouds.

The first Robin proclaims the arrival of a brand new, joyous season.

Once white, now dirty snow gradually recedes to moisten the soil thus making it prime for new growth.

People who have been suffering the dreaded "Cabin Fever" can be seen emerging from their long winter's hibernation.

Smiles are genuine as children frolic on the brown grass and dig trenches to connect the mud puddles.

Trees show signs of new growth and begin to spawn buds that will be the new crop of leaves.

New lambs.

New foals.

New calves.

New babies.

New life.

The beginning of the end for a mega-trillion new bugs.

The life cycle continues...born, live, die...born, live, die...

Spring and Leaf are one.

Curse not the wind that causes you to gather your coat around your shoulders for it is a glorious part of the newly reborn Spring!  Instead, build a kite and watch it soar into the fresh blue sky!

April showers bring May flowers.  Flowers to provide nectar for the bees.  Flowers containing pollen to ensure that the flowers will return when winter flees next year.  Flowers to be admired for their beauty.  Flowers to provide nourishment and intoxication?  Dandelions are flowers, are they not?  They have been eaten by some people.  Some people use them to make wine.  Enjoy the gift of the flowers.

Oh, glorious, wondrous Spring!

We know that you must eventually give way to summer because that is the way of life, but we secretly wish that it could be Spring always as it was in the days of the Garden of Eden.  Perhaps, when our cycle is complete and we ascend to Heaven we will find the constant beauty of Spring waiting for us.  Until then, we must enjoy every moment of every thunderstorm and every windy day until this particular spring is  replaced by this year's summer.

Can't you just smell it?

Turn off the TV.

Get away from the keyboard.

Poke your head out the door.

Grab a garbage bag and a rake.

Cherish every moment that you can.

This Spring will NOT last forever!

Your loving Honorary Gleeman,

Gramps

:)

To the readers "Down Under":  sorry that you are heading into Fall.  :(  Hang in there!  Your Spring will return after you endure your Winter just as we have!

I've actually thought about going into nursery/landscaping :P I love to make flower arrangements for gardens and such! I just... can't grow them XD

ad I'm glad I didn't. mom did. and she mowed over my step dad's water hose for his garden of tomatoes, beans, and cucumbers! ::) now the blame's on her and not me :P

• 9 months later...

lol, everyone went crazy in arkansas and louisiana when it rained. I hated to see their driving in AR when it snowed/iced. I thought I was gonna get killed by some idiot! O_O

now I live in Utah where the seasons go almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction XD

• 1 month later...

First things first, the weathermen/women, are much better at predicting weather in Utah than before. Since Doppler was invented, they figured out. "Hey! That expanse of saltwater south west of Salt Lake City can affect the weather!". Considering you can see the GSL on the National Map its pretty big. No where near the great lakes but pretty big.

Secondly, I don't give up on Snow until usually the end of April. I have had it snow on my birthday (middle of August) and we got 3 inches in July once. It melted by the afternoon, but that's Utah weather for you.

Thirdly, forecast rain in valleys snow in mountains on Wed. and Thur.

Hope this helps.

lol, yeah I was here about 5 years ago going north of salt lake for a boat and it was snowing in July! ;D

i was just hoping to go on another midnight stroll throw the snow-filled park and play on the swing set again. most romantic date ever ^_^

Archived