DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Water, Shade, and full figured company!

Myndrunner

It's Myndrunner the Dragonmount Newb here.  I only recently became a fan last year, but I have plowed through the books like the Red Hand through a bunch of Trollocks.  (hee hee....um...yeah, anyway...)

So, I thought I would give eveyone a heya shout.  Just reading some of the posts on here, I realized that I was pretty spot on about some of my theories and waaaaaaay off on others.  It's good to know that there are others who enjoyed the series.  I recommend the audio books too.  The readers do a great job with the characters and it help with pronunciation. 

Anyone know if there will be other books that deal with the Wheel of Time universe after Memory of Light?

May you always find Water, Shade, and cheap Ale!

-Myndrunner

cheap Ale? well i think the closest thing to that would be Raena and she's not cheap^^

As for more books- who knows? probably not I'd say but I've never heard anything of harriot saying "no, never"

If you had the Taim= Demandred theory then don't worry, everyone had that as was wrong XD

as for the Olvier=Gaidal Cain theory (another common one) nope we were all wrong XD

Which book did you like best?

Guest nephitess

Hey there Mynd...Nephi here! Glad you came by. I hope you enjoy it her. :) you sound like you would enjoy the Aiel Org...just scroll down the forum and you'll find it. ;)

I'd like to ditto Vemy's question...what book was your fave?

Which book did you like best?

Good question. Its kinda like which beer you like best?  They are all pretty good.  #3 would be Eye of the World because it was my first taste of the whole WOT.  I actually had multiple theories about who was the Dragon (I thought maybe the twist would be that Mat was the Dragon, not Rand.)  ???

#2 - the Runner Up would have to be Shadow Rising, I liked the whole Aiel stuff and Lord Goldeneyes is awesome.  :)

If I had to pick a #1 favorite, based on most enjoyable, I would have to say Fires of Heaven. No reason other than some plot threads conclude while others get deeper.  Odd that one of my favorite characters was absent from this book.  :D

Honestly, there are bits and pieces of each book that I like.  The banter between Tuon & Mat, Perrin Goldeneyes kicking Trolloc arse, Aviendrha's "flirting" with rand, and anything that makes Nynaeve yank her braid.  I liked the end of Lord of Chaos with the Battle at the Wells.  Get Spielberg & Lucas to snag that copyright asap!!!

-Myndrunner

you sound like you would enjoy the Aiel Org

I may have to check that out, though I am afraid that I would end up a perpetual Gai'shain.  I would have toh to the whole roster of members, and I probably have some already for my WOT parody post.

I'm too much of a joker for Childeren of the Light and too cynical for the Black Tower.  I get tired of Rand's bellyaching quite easily and I am very leary of Aes Sedai. 

Just so long as my initiation isn't something like "Maiden's Kiss".....

-Myndrunner

Hiyas, welcome to Dragonmount!

I'm not that active in the Orgs myself, but i've taken to pointing people to the sections that are a bit lower on the forum, namely the Divs where the actual roleplaying takes place. There's something for every flavor there, and if there isn't, you end up at the Freelanders so you're still egligible for roleplaying XD

Aiel, ale, I must have merely gotten confused I'm sure^^

Actually Mynd (mind if we call you mynd? heh) the aiel orgs pretty fun and you seem to like the aiel from what you've said so I would check them out if you like the aiel. The Aiel org tends to be a "special interest" org where they discuss whatever they've read and they hold monthly discussions.

I'm assuming from what you said about book 6 that your favorite character is Perrin? If so you might wanna check out the wolfkin as well^^.

What hobbies are you into? Tell as about yourself because what you have to say will help us point out different orgs you might like^^

Heya to Barmacral, Nephitess, Vemynal, Jehaine, et all!

I'm having a lot of questions answered on this site, as well as a lot of fun.  I think that WoT is the new LoTR for our time.  I am going to check out Terry Brooks next, but RJ has become one of my favorite writers of all time.  I really enjoy his style and well developed characters. 

I'm also a huge film buff as well.  I hope that if they ever do a WOT film, they don't mess it up. 

Let's see, what else is about me......

Myndrunner Playmate Data Sheet

Hometown: Virginia Beach, Va

Eyes: Brown  Hair: Brown

Build: Blacksmith

Measurments: 36-24-38

Turn-Ons: Mountain Dew, Twizzlers, humor, You Tube, Movies

Turn-Offs: BBS Trolls, morons, self-righteousness, my last job

Favorite WoT Character: Mat

Favorite Book: Fires of Heaven

Favorte WOT Moment: Battle @ Dumai Wells

Hobbies: writing, filmaking, debating, kareoke, bad kareoke

Favorite Movie: Usual Suspects, Swingers, Star Wars IV

Favorite TV: Family Guy, South Park, and...

Guilty Pleasure: *cough* american idol *cough*

Hey, Runner! 

I saw your question about more books past memory of light.  The only thing I've heard of is a possible re-do of the Big White Book, that would include possible information that is only in RJ's notes.  Lots of behind the scenes info from the info I've read about, but that is only a possibility.

Welcome to DM!  This is a great place.  Wonderful folks 'round these parts.

If you like movies, you should check out the Seanchan Org.  I've personally never been, but their main focus is TV and Movies!

If you like Mat and Band of the Red Hand, you could stop by that Org as well.  It is a fun group of people.

I hope you enjoy DM, and hope you find all that you seek, need, desire, want, have, crave, or discover... or something like that.

Hey, Myndrunner.

Welcome to DM.

I saw you said you have an interest in writing.

You might check us out in the Illuminators Org.

We have the "scribes chapter house" there where we discuss all kinds of things related to writing, as well as a "critique circle" where you can review and critique others writings as well as have your own critiqued.

It's a great place for writers, and we strive to make each other better.

adbanner.jpg

Heya Dragon & DD,

Wow, Decisions Decisions....The Hammer or the Axe?.....Min, Elayne, or Aviendha?

Should I use Calindor or the Cheoden Kal??  Which ORG should I join? 

They all sound pretty fun....I love writing so Illuminators sounds great.  I'm kinda a clown in a Saturday Night Live/Fozzy Bear sort of way, so the Aiel seems promising. Seanchen would appeal to my movie knowlege, of which no one can match my prowess....heh heh....

Can I be a Seanchen/Aiel who throws fireworks and gambles?

-I'll join an ORG tomorrow......or become a Trolloc.

Seanchen would appeal to my movie knowlege, of which no one can match my prowess....heh heh....

That sounds like a challenge. I'll send Empy up momentarily, although he may not be back until Monday.

Welcome Myndrunner...  :)

You can join as many Orgs as you like.  And I saw you mention you're too much of a jokester for the Children of the Light... well, actually, on the Org side, they're probably the biggest group of jokesters... lol.  Actually, they're not an Org, but a Discussion Group... but your humor seems to fit what I know of them...   :)

I hope you find a place or places to hang out and have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Hobbies: writing, filmaking, debating, kareoke, bad kareoke

i noticed you like to debate, and i know there has been a bunch thrown at you all at once, but if you get bored debating books, there is always the debates and discussions area. it sometimes gets heated in there... ok... well, usually, but if you can handle the fire, there are some good points made about hot topics and things. it's great to have a new point of view in there. :)

Archived