Dream World Smackdown!

Kaznen

Are you in school currently?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in school currently?

• Yeah, I'm in college now
    • No, I'm too lazy.
    • Yeah, I'm in high school....
    • No, I'm done with all that "good" stuff.
    • No, but soon I will be.

Who would win between Perrin and Egwene?

Perrin has fought in TAR before but doesn't have the formal learning Eggy had. He had Hopper telling him what he could and couldn't or shouldn't do. And he has been taking trips to TAR since the beginning.

Egwene has had the formal training and can channel. But her experences has been spying and avoiding possible trouble or with a Wise Wone. When she first encountered trouble she got her butt kicked.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question!

I know Egwene has formal training, but it is no more formal than Perrin's really. She was trained by Wise Ones - users of TAR. Perrin was taught by the wolves, also users of TAR. Plus, training never helped Rahvin in TAR!

If you want to determine which of them has the advantage, you can't look past Perrin's wolves. They could be on Egwene before she even knew they were there.

Egwene can try on her "level look" all she wants! Perrin would win.

Good question!

I know Egwene has formal training, but it is no more formal than Perrin's really. She was trained by Wise Ones - users of TAR. Perrin was taught by the wolves, also users of TAR. Plus, training never helped Rahvin in TAR!

If you want to determine which of them has the advantage, you can't look past Perrin's wolves. They could be on Egwene before she even knew they were there.

Egwene can try on her "level look" all she wants! Perrin would win.

Guest Majsju

Egwene would handle Perrin like Tyson would handle an infant. Perrin is still trying to figure out what kind of place it is, Egwene can manipulate it just how she wants.

Guest Majsju

Egwene would handle Perrin like Tyson would handle an infant. Perrin is still trying to figure out what kind of place it is, Egwene can manipulate it just how she wants.

I've got to agree. Perrin has had much more experience actually fighting in TAR than Egwene has. Plus as everyone points out, the wolves are a major factor in TAR and have had much more experience there than even Egwene or the wise ones have had.

I've got to agree. Perrin has had much more experience actually fighting in TAR than Egwene has. Plus as everyone points out, the wolves are a major factor in TAR and have had much more experience there than even Egwene or the wise ones have had.

Guest Egwene

I voted for Egwene... her training for Aes Sedai means she should act extremely fast in a situation of danger... as for the wolves, she could create her own pack in a blink I am guessing.

Having said that, I really, really would hate them being on opposite sides!!

Guest Egwene

I voted for Egwene... her training for Aes Sedai means she should act extremely fast in a situation of danger... as for the wolves, she could create her own pack in a blink I am guessing.

Having said that, I really, really would hate them being on opposite sides!!

I'd say probably Egwene, but remember when Perrin went in TAR with his body in TDR? He made it through all those tests.

My final vote is a compromise: Eggy wins in a clean TAR fight, but if she's got Faile prisoner then Perrin goes berserk and all of a sudden the rebels need a new Amyrlin. Which would be a pity since I finlly like Egwene.

I'd say probably Egwene, but remember when Perrin went in TAR with his body in TDR? He made it through all those tests.

My final vote is a compromise: Eggy wins in a clean TAR fight, but if she's got Faile prisoner then Perrin goes berserk and all of a sudden the rebels need a new Amyrlin. Which would be a pity since I finlly like Egwene.

Hmm, the thing is that they've had experience in different areas. Eg has had to handle a few nightmares, but mostly she has been seeking information and avoiding notice. She might get the jump on Perrin, but his experience in fighting in TAR (hunting Slayer himself, and busting a lot of tests of the sort that he might actually be faced with in fighting Eg) might level the playing field somewhat. With regards to the wolves, they could make a huge difference, and as creatures with minds of their own would probably outclass any fake wolves (these are cunning predators, remember, not Bela). But like I said, Eg has learned to be pretty sneaky which probably means that she can choose her ground, ie in a city or something. However, in a clean fight I'd say Perrin.

Hmm, the thing is that they've had experience in different areas. Eg has had to handle a few nightmares, but mostly she has been seeking information and avoiding notice. She might get the jump on Perrin, but his experience in fighting in TAR (hunting Slayer himself, and busting a lot of tests of the sort that he might actually be faced with in fighting Eg) might level the playing field somewhat. With regards to the wolves, they could make a huge difference, and as creatures with minds of their own would probably outclass any fake wolves (these are cunning predators, remember, not Bela). But like I said, Eg has learned to be pretty sneaky which probably means that she can choose her ground, ie in a city or something. However, in a clean fight I'd say Perrin.

Her ability is different to his. Based on the way he seems to act as if he is physically in TAR i would suggest that his ability involves putting more of himself into the dreamworld then hers does. That doesn't nessasarily suggest greater ability... concider Birgitte's coments about how little control she has in TAR compared to a dreamer, and she was further in then Perrin. Indeed i think from evidence its shown that Egwene has a greater control over TAR then he does, and concidering she can literally just disapear and reapear in different places... A physical threat the likes of which Perrin and his wolves would offer would never stand up to her abilities.

Her ability is different to his. Based on the way he seems to act as if he is physically in TAR i would suggest that his ability involves putting more of himself into the dreamworld then hers does. That doesn't nessasarily suggest greater ability... concider Birgitte's coments about how little control she has in TAR compared to a dreamer, and she was further in then Perrin. Indeed i think from evidence its shown that Egwene has a greater control over TAR then he does, and concidering she can literally just disapear and reapear in different places... A physical threat the likes of which Perrin and his wolves would offer would never stand up to her abilities.

Guest cwestervelt

It wouldn't be much of a contest. Egwene would take Perrin hands down. She was able to escape a Moghedien trap while she was still in training, and Moghedien was the best the Age of Legends had to offer where Tel'aran'rhiod is concerned.

I think most people are over-estimating what affect, if any, the wolves would have in such a confrontation. That I can recall, the only wolf that we ever see come to Perrin in Tel'aran'rhiod is Hopper, who happens to be dead in the physical world. Hopper's situation appears to be much like Birgitte's before she was ripped out.

Perrin's approach is simple brute force. He doesn't have any real understanding of what he is doing, and thus relies on physical strength and weapons. He wouldn't last long enough to wear Egwene down, especially not after she turns his axe and bow into a bouquet of flowers or some other harmless decoration like.

Hopper says that all wolves (dead, living, and future) exist in TAR. So if we're going to have this fictional battle, we can say for the sake of argument, that Perrin can use all of those wolves. And that's a bloody lot of wolves.

Guest cwestervelt
Hopper says that all wolves (dead' date=' living, and future) exist in TAR. So if we're going to have this fictional battle, we can say for the sake of argument, that Perrin can use all of those wolves. And that's a bloody lot of wolves.[/quote']

All of the wolves exist in Tel'aran'rhiod yes. So do all of the dead Heroes. Just because they exist, there, doesn't meen that they will come to a call. Other than Hopper, Perrin has never encountered any wolf (other than those already killed by Slayer) while in the Dream. For the sake of argument, it can also be said that the evidence supports there being proscribed from interfering in the same way as the Heroes are.

Archived