DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Deanne's Evaluation and Arrival [attn MoN] (Ninja'd)

The Ninja

A wrong turn had landed the Ninja in this office, and the sudden appearance of people had made hiding almost impossible.  Only the warning of voices in the hall had given the Ninja time to reach the ceiling, wedging his finger into seams in the stone to suspend  himself.  Below him, the one who called herself Mistress of Novices handed the other a note and told her to depart.  Only one left.

Time stretched on.  The muscles in the Ninja’s fingers began to ache.  The woman did not move.  There was no choice.  The Ninja dropped from the ceiling, his foot snapping forward to kick the woman in the back of the head, causing it to snap forward and bounce off her desk with a wooden thunk.  There was nothing to do from there but run.

Larindhra was tiring of sitting still, but the young person trying to hide against the ceiling hadn't moved for ever so long, and she was getting bored.  Careful not to move, she channeled and formed the Weave of Illusion, then the Weave of Conceilment.  Slowly she got up from her chair and moved backwards towards the wall, careful to not disturb the chair.

Not long afterwards the person suddenly dropped from the ceiling, and Larindhra had to channel quickly to make her illusions head "fall off" and land on the desk with a very dramatic thump.  She was quite proud of the noise it made; in fact, she had to cover her giggle with a hand, thereby disturbing the Weave of Illusion.  Oh well, no matter - the game was up anyway.

A whiplash of Air caught the young person, peculiarly dressed all in black, just as she was about to escape through the door, and floated her back towards the desk.  Hands on hips, head cocked, Larindhra regarded the young person.

"Well what do we have here, I wonder? Quite a dramatic entrance for someone who wants to enroll as a novice, I would say! What is your name, child, and where were you born? Have you been tested?"

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" the Ninja shouted, his voice sounding odd in the barbaric tongue of this land.  "Do you really think that this... whatever it is you're doing... can hold me?"  With that, he flung his hand out, two blackened steel darts flying from his outstretched fingers.  "Die!"

Larindhra caught the 2 strange objects streaking towards her just in time to prevent it from striking her in the face.  Her expression did not alter, apart from one eyebrow arching up dangerously.

"Now that wont do, child.  The first thing you need to learn is proper manners towards an Aes Sedai." Turning the girl upside down, she dealt out two swift but sharp smacks with a flow of Air and Fire on her bottom. "That includes not swearing at one, and not throwing things either.

"Your name? And where on earth are you from, with that strange accent?"  Leaving the child suspended halfway towards her desk, she walked into the storeroom and fetched out a novice dress and shift.

"Put these on and give me your details, there's a good child."

As the woman approached, the Ninja twitched his arm, a knife falling out of the sleeve and into his hand.  When she was close enough, he swiftly swung it at her, coming up short, but still managing to cut the offending dress and shift in half.  "What are you trying to do to me, wench?!"

He struggled more against the invisible bonds, trying to free his hand, anything.  Finally, he tried kicking the woman, which worked better.  She staggered away, leaving the Ninja smiling wickedly beneath his mask.  "Now, let me go or I'll kill you."

Larindhra frowned at the two pieces of dress in her hands ... this was the strangest novice she had ever come across! Which was nothing compared to her reaction when the little twit suddenly kicked her in the stomach!  A few choice wagoneers oaths filled the office as soon as she got her breath back, and then Larindhra lost her temper.

Flinging the ruined clothes on the floor, she first channeled the knife out of the girl's hand, then fetched another set of clothes. Her mouth was tight as she addressed the girl, each word punctuated by another smack on the bottom.

"You...will...never...damage...Tower...property...again!  Do I make myself PERFECTLY clear?" Thwack! "Nor will you kick the Mistress of Novices in the stomach!" Thwack!

Another flow of Air and Fire neatly cut the girl's clothes from top to bottom, and a single flow of Air served to peel them off her like a ....

"Oh my ... uhm ... you should have said ... " Overcome by giggles, Larindhra sank into the nearest chair.

The Ninja could feel the beginning of a blush beneath his mask, both from embarrassment and rage.  This woman thought she could just...  and then she... but that was... "You'll pay for that, wench."  Another knife dropped out of the Ninja's sleeve and into his hand, and he flung it as hard as he could from the position in which he was trapped.  It stuck in the chair right next to the woman's head.  "The next one goes between your eyes unless you let me go."