DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rereading tFoH, and Lini freaks me out

bcxanth

Anyone else a little weirded out by Lini? In tFoH she tells Morgease that if she were 51 years younger she might be able to wear a dress that shows as much as Morgease is showing at that time. That, plus the fact that she has been a Trakand nurse since Morgease's mother was a baby, and that makes her really old. Realisticly, how old could a person get in Randland, where medical science for the average person isn't very advanced? I dunno, I just can't help but feel that there's more to the woman. Anyone have any pet theories about her?

Well she can't channel. Morgases ability was detected time and again by Aes Sedai, Seanchan and Aiel Wise Ones... if Lini had the slightest ability, it would have been detected. No, i think she's just one of those really old people who are still quite strong... remember, if anyone in Randland time could retain that sort of strength, it would be someone living in a palace, well-fed and well cared for.

Well she can't channel. Morgases ability was detected time and again by Aes Sedai' date=' Seanchan and Aiel Wise Ones... if Lini had the slightest ability, it would have been detected. No, i think she's just one of those really old people who are still quite strong... remember, if anyone in Randland time could retain that sort of strength, it would be someone living in a palace, well-fed and well cared for.[/quote']

with access to healing whenever ill...so many ailments of old age are leftovers from previous illnesses that aren't properly cared for.

J

Well she can't channel. Morgases ability was detected time and again by Aes Sedai' date=' Seanchan and Aiel Wise Ones... if Lini had the slightest ability, it would have been detected.[/quote']Not if she knows how to mask her ability. :D

with access to healing whenever ill...so many ailments of old age are leftovers from previous illnesses that aren't properly cared for.
I don't know, I find it hard to believe that Elaida would just Heal Lini whenever she needed it, and she was the only AS around the palace all the time. It seems to me that the average Randlander, even in Caemlyn, doesn't have much access to AS Healing. Granted,that could be the answer, and it probably is, but I don't think I'll ever shake the feeling that there's something weird about her.

• Community Administrator

Yea, but Lini was Morgrase's nurse, and Elaynes, So she's basically one of the most powerfull servants in the palace..

She can still make Morgrase jump when she says toad. :P

So if lini is really sick... All Morgrase has to do, if she fears lini won't make it is have eledia heal her.. After all, if elida didnt, what kind of aes sedia would she be, in the eyes of Morgrase?

Guest cwestervelt
Yea' date=' but Lini was Morgrase's nurse, and Elaynes, So she's basically one of the most powerfull servants in the palace..

She can still make Morgrase jump when she says toad. :P

So if lini is really sick... All Morgrase has to do, if she fears lini won't make it is have eledia heal her.. After all, if elida didnt, what kind of aes sedia would she be, in the eyes of Morgrase?[/quote']

Not all Aes Sedai are any good at healing. Some can barely managed to Heal minor scratches. I don't think there is anything that says Elaida had much ability at it. If anything, she's one of those that are essentially useless at it.

Not all Aes Sedai are any good at healing. Some can barely managed to Heal minor scratches. I don't think there is anything that says Elaida had much ability at it. If anything' date=' she's one of those that are essentially useless at it.[/quote']I don't think she's useless. When Elaida is basically torturing Moir and Siuan in New Spring as they "practice" for their test to become AS she Heals them after each session. So she must have some ability.

But still, even if Elaida was on hand all the time to Heal Lini whenever she needed it, I still feel like there's just something odd about her. She just seems way too old.

• 2 weeks later...

If Morgase is what 40? then her mother would be about 60 if she was still alive? Then Lini could have started taking care of her when she was about 15?

That would make Lini 75 years old, which seems realistic.

Archived