DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Eliada's Palace and the Asha'man

kilika

has anyone thought of the relevance that eliada's palace has to the story as a whole? i thought it was a bit strange to hear of the construction of her palace - a building that will outshine the white tower. 

i had an idea that once the last battle was finished or just right before that the aes sedai and the asha'man might join forces which is coming true with both parties bonding each other.  maybe warders are now only other channelers and not just fighting men.

anyways, i had the idea that eliada's palace would become the home of both the aes sedai and the asha'man, as it has no ties in the randland public's eye to the black tower or the white tower.

what do you all think?

Nah, the Ashanman are going to stay put. Why would they move? Elaine can hardly make them give the land back. Especially with her upcoming civil war against the two rivers (I can't see Faile allowing Perin to subordinate himself and his people to Elaine. And more importantly, I can't see the Two Rivers natives allowing him to either)

The reds are about to bond darkfriends, and as Taim keeps only the strongest, I doubt they'd find it any easier to control them than Alannah does Rand. But these may allow themselves to be bunked in with the Aes Sedai. Trojan horse kind of.

All hinges on what Egwene wants to do with the palace. Or can anyone see Elaida coming out on top?

Guest Dreadlord

It would be funny if Elayne tried to make the Ashaman get out of Andor. I can just picture it.

Elayne goes to the Black Tower. "I would appreciate it, Master Taim, if you and your...friends...would leave Andor." She said, her nose in the air.

Taim smiles his half smile. Elayne barely finished her annoyed sniff when Taim channelled, and Elayne crumbled to a pile of ash

Nah, the Ashanman are going to stay put. Why would they move? Elaine can hardly make them give the land back. Especially with her upcoming civil war against the two rivers (I can't see Faile allowing Perin to subordinate himself and his people to Elaine. And more importantly, I can't see the Two Rivers natives allowing him to either)

The reds are about to bond darkfriends, and as Taim keeps only the strongest, I doubt they'd find it any easier to control them than Alannah does Rand. But these may allow themselves to be bunked in with the Aes Sedai. Trojan horse kind of.

All hinges on what Egwene wants to do with the palace. Or can anyone see Elaida coming out on top?

you bring up a good point. What is Elayne going to do about the Two Rivers? She's having the babies of some one from there, her Amyrlin is from there, plus another close Aes Sedai friend...and both Mat and Perrien...If she tries to take the Two Rivers she's going to be in trouble with a lot of very powerful "mule-headed" people if she tries to force them to be an active part of Andor.

Its been a while since i posted here lol. But I always thought that the palace that Elidia started would either be a place for the kin/sea folk/Wise ones to go and stay and be connected to the tower but not part of it or the final resting place of the Black tower. I mean look at the the ancient Aes sedai symbol. The black swirled next to the white. It would be fitting if the complex that represents the wielders of the one power in randland bore some resebalance to they're symbol.

Elayne will rule from Baerlon to the Spine of the World (including most of Andor + Cairhien)

Perrin will rule from the Ghealdan to Saldaea (including the 2 Rivers)

If Elayne rules all the way to the Mountains of Mist including Baerlon, then Perrin won't be able to rule Ghealdan, the Two Rivers, and Saldaea.  Unless of course Perrin wants to rule a non-contiguous land because Perrin's realm will be split by Andor and Arad Domon.  I know non-contiguous kingdoms are possible, but I think its far more likely that Faile would actually rule Saldaea and Perrin the Two Rivers and maybe Ghealden (assuming he doesn't release Ghealdean back to Alliandre after TG). 

Of course, all this presupposes that TG (in whatever form it comes) leaves behind an international system that resembles the one in place currently.

Elayne will rule from Baerlon to the Spine of the World (including most of Andor + Cairhien)

Perrin will rule from the Ghealdan to Saldaea (including the 2 Rivers)

If Elayne rules all the way to the Mountains of Mist including Baerlon, then Perrin won't be able to rule Ghealdan, the Two Rivers, and Saldaea.  Unless of course Perrin wants to rule a non-contiguous land because Perrin's realm will be split by Andor and Arad Domon.  I know non-contiguous kingdoms are possible, but I think its far more likely that Faile would actually rule Saldaea and Perrin the Two Rivers and maybe Ghealden (assuming he doesn't release Ghealdean back to Alliandre after TG). 

Of course, all this presupposes that TG (in whatever form it comes) leaves behind an international system that resembles the one in place currently.

with "Baerlon" I meant the areas just east of 2 rivers.

And, the furthest ends of this hypothetical Perrin-Empire are not further apart than those of the hypothetical Elayne-Empire. And  you don't have to cross another country: the Caralain Grass is no-mans-land

with "Baerlon" I meant the areas just east of 2 rivers.

And, the furthest ends of this hypothetical Perrin-Empire are not further apart than those of the hypothetical Elayne-Empire. And  you don't have to cross another country: the Caralain Grass is no-mans-land

He'll build a road through the Black Forest and a bridge accross the Menetherendrelle. Then they don't need to go near Andor.

He'll also rule Baerlon and take the mines. There's just too much wilderness between there and Whitebridge for Elaine to sustain her rule there.

Well, I thnk that it COULD be that the Ashies will take over Elaida's palace. After all once the last battle is over they come to a truce and there will just be Aes Sedai Male and Female. That was how it was in the AOL after all. Who know maybe there will be a Tamrylin again?!?! If Narishma is supposed to "come after" Rand maybe it will be him? Don't take too seriously or anything it is just conjecture  ;D

I might be remembering some of this wrong, but weren't the plans Elaida had for the palace difficult or impossible to do without the help of Ogier and the power?  She wanted it to stand higher than some other structures and I seem to recall a conversation she had with one of the men working on it that tries to tell her they can't do it, but she basically tells him what he WILL do.

Do we know how much more there is to compelte on it?

I thought that it might just get toppled or completely wiped out when/if the Seanchan attack the tower - or when there there are any battles going on in the tower.  

For some reason, I thought when everything was said and done it would just be a pile of ash and a bad memory of Elaida.

The Power? Well...how about men channelling the power. They are much better with Earth after all. See what they are doing with the Black Tower  ;D SO I suppose they could finish it later. It is also possible that there won't be much of anything left after TG

With Egwene opening the novice book, plus the Kin, there isn't going to be room for the Ashaman in Tar Valon.

After only a few weeks, Egwene's Salidar contingent went from few dozen girls in white, to nearly a thousand.  That in a few weeks, from a few hundred, sparsley populated, square miles of Murandy. 

Granted, 2 out of 3 won't acheive the shawl, but those will go straight to the Kin and still be under the auspises of Tower Law.  With changing custom and Aes Sedai under Egwene's direction now actively seeking girls who can channel, the numbers of "Women of the Tower" could reach into the tens of thousands within years.  Villages will start having yearly fairs and festivals where girls and boys of proper age are tested as a matter of course and head for the Tower, White or Black.  Just as the Wise Ones do and they don't miss a single sparker.  Just as the Aes Sedai did in the AoL.  If you can channel, you're going to channel.  Let's face it, among channelers, there's a new sheriff in town and her name is Egwene al'Vere.

Also, Talaan's example of running to the Tower could set a precedent among the Sea Folk.  Why should they suffer being promoted and demoted at the whim of the death of their sailmistress or wavemistress over and over during their long lives.  Go to the the Tower and get some real power.

At thisw point, it's unlikely the the Aiel will have much to do with the Tower.  More like an exchange student program.  That is assuming there are any Aiel left after TG.

The Black and White Towers will remain seperate unless Tar Valon island spontaneously grows. As aevogt said, there are going to tens, if not hundreds of thousands of channeling women living in Tar Valon. And the Black Tower already have several hundred men enrolled, ant thats mostly from Andor, Tear and Cairhien. When they start gathering men from the coast of the Aryth Ocean and the Borderlands, we could have close to half a million channeling people in the Towers. I seriously doubt that there is enough room for that many people on the island. On the other hand, the White Tower could be physically demolished in TG and the women move in with the men. The BT walls only encompass 4 sq miles, but walls can be moved

And thats not even considering the Aiel and Sea Folk. The Aiel and Aes Sedai/Asha'man could have a lot to teach each other IMHO

Archived