DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is the other woman traveling with Morgase?

The Lost One

Forgive my spelling, I listen to the audiobooks.

There is a woman, Briana (or some such), that is traveling with Morgase's party when Morgase flees Gabrial.  It is mentioned that she was a former high lady or maybe just a servant of a former high lady.  Do we know who she is/was?  It has been bugging me.  Have we seen her before or do we really first see her when she goes off with Morgase?

If I remember correctly (I'm om a reread, and tries to keep track of every person) she is Breane Taborwin.

There is a Cairhienin Lady with that name at Barthanes party in tGH, described as more than 10 years Rand's senior. She corners Rand, saying she "has no husband to worry about" and Thom later comments that "she alone would give you an education such as every man should have at least once in his life, if he can live through it".

I think it is the same woman, who now is with Lamgwin.

Do we know why she fled?  If she was a noble, didn't she have lands, coin, etc?  Was someone going to kill her or something?  Couldn't she have fled, but still keeping her status and gold?  or are we just missing all the details? 

Thank you for pointing out who she was, I never made the connection, but it had been bugging me, so I thought we must have seen her before. 

I'm not sure exactly, but I think Cairhien was in thier Civil War and either she lost everything in that or she wanted to get out while the getting was good. I think she originally was going to go to Camelyn to get something from Morgase, but maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Please Help!!

Breane Taborwin is one of the Cairhienin refugees. She was a Cairhienin noble of high standing in tGH, and had no husband. Dobraine is High Seat of the house. Based on their relative ages (Dobraine is an older, but still fit man, and Breane is older but not old, so probably in her 30s), she may be his daughter, but that is speculatory.

She was a Cairhienin intrigue-driven man-eater, and now lavishly worships the salt-of-the-earth Lamgwin Dorn, who may be the first man to treat her decently and want her for her.

It was a Tairen High Lady- Alteima- that wanted something from Morgase.

And, just for the record, she's vile.

Why? don't like short and pretty, pale with blue eyes types? :) I think she's one of the positive 2-3 tier characters in the series - lost everything she had, found someone she could rely upon, got her act together, and helped Morgase with that too, once or twice.

Sure, learned a little humility and is now fiercely loyal to Lamgwin.  No longer cares much for the trappings of nobility.

She might have been nasty at her first appearance, but a case can certainly be made that she's not any longer.

She follows Lamgwin and makes no pretense about it but when push comes to shove, she does not try to dissuade him from what he feels is his duty, even though it's not in her best interest.

She might have been able to talk him into leaving after Morgagse is captured but doesn't.

Archived