DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gareth Bryne

aevogt

I cna't believe it took me this long to figure this one out.

Gareth Bryne is Robert E. Lee.

Bluff, Stocky, Graying.  Absolute Gentleman.  Both riding a favorite horse named Traveler.

Which is kind of funny when you consider the name, Gareth, first appeared as King Arthur's favorite dog (from childhood) in "A Once and Future King."

• 2 weeks later...

I cna't believe it took me this long to figure this one out.

Gareth Bryne is Robert E. Lee.

Bluff, Stocky, Graying.  Absolute Gentleman.  Both riding a favorite horse named Traveler.

Which is kind of funny when you consider the name, Gareth, first appeared as King Arthur's favorite dog (from childhood) in "A Once and Future King."

Yup. He's also in a rather similar position, a principled man of the establishment who's become a rebel. Though this time he's the besieger rather than the besieged (Tar Valon/Peterson)

I can't wait to see him in action in the open field. If he's anything like Lee as a general than he's going to be a man who believes in the offensive.

Actually, the name Gareth appears in Malory's Morte d'Arthur as that of a knight of the Round Table, formerly a kitchen boy, and younger brother of Sir Gawain.

Actually, the name Gareth appears in Malory's Morte d'Arthur as that of a knight of the Round Table, formerly a kitchen boy, and younger brother of Sir Gawain.

Which is probably where T.H White got the name for his book. 

I've read both.

I don't know about Stonewall Jaskson but Uno Nomesta, as cavalary commander, would certainly be a more reliable version of J.E.B. Stuart.

Do we know how commands Bryne's infantry? I can't remember.

Anyways because of the different role of cavalry in this kind of army it's hard to compare. Uno might take up both roles here. (Jakson and Stuart)

Archived