DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Jaimelai

YE OLDE SUNG WOOD PUB

*dusts off the old bar top with the old bar towel*

So how is everyone? Everybody have a good Groundhogs Day?

:smile:

Guest Nyanko_Susu

aren't you actually putting those poor little fellows under enormous pressure if you ask them to predict the weather? :wink:

Edited by Nyanko_Susu

Especially this year! I've never seen so much second guessing of a rodent weather prediction! If he sees his shadow, he sees his shadow. That's just the way it is.

*saunters in, shaking the snow off her shoulders* Not bad, but it's cold as anything here! Last night saw the temperatures in my neck of the woods drop to about -15C. I'm definitely not used to those kinds of temperatures. *shivers*

Brrrr, now that sounds cold. Care for something warm? Maybe a hot Ogier Apple Cider? Or a warm Ogier Mulled Wine?

Another cold night last night, but it seems like the weather is finally taking a turn for the better. We're now above 0C for the first time in a week, and it seems really warm.

I used to love snow, but I don't like it as much these days. I can't deny its beauty, though. Went to a nearby town to browse through some second-hand bookshops and the scenery on the way in was lovely. Fields and woods, all covered in snow, sparkling away under a pale blue sky. Breathtaking. :smile:

Does sound kind of nice though. No snow around here, but we did have another wind storm yesterday and tomorrow, rain. The weather really is acting up - global warming? The trouble is that the houses around here are built for the mild, SoCal weather - light and airy. I already had the insurance guy over to look at the damage from the last storm. Don't know if the house can take much more.

For the last two days it's been a little warmer in here too. Last week it dropped down to -35C° at worst. At us, at least. My friend told me, they had had -40 on one morning...

But the snow is beautiful indeed. Especially in the sunset.

It was only around 30 here today. I walked two blocks to the local minimart for some cola because I badly needed a wakeup boost, and some mixer as well. I was glad to have a scarf because the breeze was blowing right through the bit where the hood joins to the rest of the coat.

That's some mighty fine ale, there, Jamelai.

And he scores even more pre-Ogier brownie points!

We are having a little cold front going through here with highs only in the low 60's, but it is supposeto warm up in a few days.

*pours another round of the mighty fine Ogier Ale for everyone*

i don't know what the drinking age is around here, but it is a lovely place and i would love an Ogier Ale :)

Oh, most of our ales are non-alcoholic, so need to fret about that!

*pours another round of Ogier Ale for everyone*

Anyone have any liking for hard cider? (Or, as I hear they call it in Europe, just "cider".) I bought a six-pack of Woodchuck the other night. This stuff is fantastic.

The one in the pic you just posted, in fact. I tried it at my BIL's house a while back, and figured I'd get a six of it for myself. There's also a "Spring" version of the same brand, I haven't been able to figure out what that means. I never understood the significance of inserting the name of a season into whatever flavor a brewed beverage is called.