DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Jaimelai

YE OLDE SUNG WOOD PUB

I'm about to leave for work myself, that is if I can ever wake my son who's helping today. Setting up an interesting test with rainbow trout this morning and ending a growth study of fish subjected to the effluent from a water park this afternoon. In the mean time, I'm behind the computer all day writing reports.

*pours himself another Ogier Good Morning Ale*

I'm about to leave for work myself, that is if I can ever wake my son who's helping today. Setting up an interesting test with rainbow trout this morning and ending a growth study of fish subjected to the effluent from a water park this afternoon. In the mean time, I'm behind the computer all day writing reports.

*pours himself another Ogier Good Morning Ale*

I would love to hear a brief outline and the conclusion to your study.

The results of the water park study? It was just the basic three species freshwater chronic screen that we conduct annually for their NPDES discharge permit. We use the fathead minnow, a water flea and an unicellular algae. The effluent is compared to standard laboratory water. The water fleas had about the same number of babies in each sample. The algae grew a lot more in the effluent but there was about a 5% reduction in fish growth, though that is not statistically significant. So it all means that they "Passed" and people can play on the water slides for another year without worrying that they are polluting the nearby river.

As promised, our catch from last night: 3 lobsters and 3 crabs plus we retrieved some fishing gear that I lost about 2 weeks ago!

390062_10100494318214167_3610099_55379359_984156607_n.jpg

Yep, very yummy! And the crabs are tasty too! Looks like we are having steak and lobster again tonight :biggrin:

mmmmm.... *jealous*

whatever i'm having tonight, it will not be lobster.

how do you do the crabs? i always old bay the crap out of them, but i think you have different kinds there.

I had some Old Bay (my father-in-law is from Maryland), but I think we used it up last batch. We'll be trying something new next go round. One of my sons loves to cook, so I leave it up to him (he's cooking the lobster now as I type this). :biggrin:

i am getting so hungry scrolling past those lovely lobsters... may have to get some. i'll let them steam them at the market, it's close enough to home.