DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Jaimelai

YE OLDE SUNG WOOD PUB

They say that laughter is the best medicine (suffering a bad headache - this is the first free moments I've had from it all day), and I've certainly found it to be the case - I found a thread on another forum, asking the question: The Zombie Apocalypse is here. The items you have to the left of your computer monitor will be what you use to fight them with. What are they?

Certainly was a giggle. Someone was going to fight them off with his cranky kitten. :biggrin:

I'm not sure - I don't think I'll be using half of them, except for the regular smileys and the Loial one. :loial: Possibly the wolf one, too. :hopper::smile:

:laugh::wink:

What a day! It's really turned cold here - looks like summer has come and gone. :sad:

Yeah, we finally got some rain; it's cooled off here for a short while. This weekend we'll be back in the 80's.

So, Jaime, are you running any football pools this season? I think every Pub should have a Pool. Who's playing this next week, Monday? :mat:

It's a different kind of 'football' for me, so I'll just be a spectator. I might watch the Commonwealth Games next week, though - even with all the problems they've had, it should be interesting. *leans back in chair and takes a drink* :happy:

Hey guys, it feels good be back among you strong, silent types.

If the barkeep could pass me a Hoppy Cat, that would be terrific. I've looked around a little to check out the new threads and such, but I couldn't find a thread devoted to ales and beer. Does one exist? If so, it's probably still in the great annals you Ogiers love so much. If there isn't one, I would love to start one...with much thought and composure, of course.

Sounds like an interesting thread topic to me! I don't drink it, but I'd like to read about it. :biggrin:

*pours a round of ale for every one*

We've had several threads devoted to Ogier Ales over the years, but it indeed has been a while since we added to the list. Can't quite recall an Ogier Hoppy Cat Ale though. Maybe I can rummage through the archives a bit and see what I can find.

:loial:

Well, I decided to go ahead and make one. I'm surprised at how much interest it's garnered...although I shouldn't be because beer is delicious!

I find im drawn to Ales more, I tend to prefer a drink with a choice of flavour that lager(beer to the Europeans and Statesiders amongst us) just doesnt offer.

Now That is a wierd car. I was expecting a strange shaped vehicle when clicking the link, I wasnt prepared for that :biggrin:

Wow - that is indeed a strange car, but I love the patterns. I knit (although nothing fancy), but I'd love to be able to weave like that. Beautiful.

It's getting close to the release date of ToM now, and I'm finding it hard to post here. The temptation to check out the other threads (you know, the ones that might have *gasp* spoilers in them) is getting stronger and stronger! :blush:

Don't do it Thea - be strong! Here maybe another ale will help!

*pours another round of everyone's favorites*

Lol - I find the waiting the hardest part, and with possible spoilers popping up it's more and more likely that I'll find something out ahead of time. Usually, I try to avoid spoilers as best I can, but the temptation... I was the same with the latest Dresden Files book, too.

I will confess to checking the status of my ToM order fairly regularly, though (albeit not Amazon), in case they dispatch it early - something they have done before with pre-order titles. Don't think I'll be lucky enough to get it early, though...

Hmm, that's kind of what I mean. We've pre-ordered books from big authors from this site before, and most of the time they send the item a few days early so that it arrives on the release date, or within a day of it. I'm wondering whether this will be the same, or if they'll have orders not to dispatch them until the actual date. I just have a feeling that it'll be the latter.

IIRC When I ordered TGS from Amazon they sent it out 1 day before the release date as special delivery so that i got it on the official release date. Most sites ive looked at for ToM say they do the same thing "but cant garuntee you will recieve your item on the day"

Hmm. Hopefully, that'll be the case for me, too, then. I ordered my copy from Play.com and, as their delivery is usually 3-5 days, they send it out a bit earlier than some - restrictions notwithstanding. The rest depends on good old Royal Mail. :rolleyes::smile: Ah well - I don't mind getting it a bit late, but I'll likely be avoiding most of the site from Monday onwards until I do! :laugh:

*nods* This place is going to be deader than a doornail Tuesday. :biggrin: Everyone will be reading, and then Wednesday everyone will be posting like crazy. *wriggles in anticipation*

I'm really looking forward to it, too (I've secretly got my fingers crossed that my copy comes on time, so that I won't have to avoid this place too much! :wink: ). I'm not sure how fast I'll be able to finish it, though! My current record for a WoT book is about a day and a half - if I don't have to do anything else that day, that is! :laugh:

Yes, Im expecting a few of us WoT fans have taken the day off to be in when the books are delivered. I know i have