DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

YE OLDE SUNG WOOD PUB

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got mine out the two on top had come in and were pretty straight, but the two on bottom were totally sideways and were under the gum so they had to cut them out.  They were pushing my teeth together too so I'm glad I got them out before it did any permanent damage.  :)

I will have to have mine on top cut out  :'(

However, I won't ever grow any on the bottom!! :p

*flees*

Never thought I'd say this, but at least they knock you out to cut out your wisdoms. That's what they did with me, I had to be hauled out to the car in a wheelchair afterwards. :P

Better than my tissue graft where they made me stay awake and gave me a local anesthetic instead. :o

Ugh... *snuggles Cherise*  I'm so sorry hon, I really hope its not too bad on you.  *sends healing vibes and nice soothing chicken soup for the sore mouth*  :-*

Oh, Cherise! I'll think good thoughts for you.

I just realized I still have two kids who could have problems with theirs. My two oldest still have their wisdom teeth, but I don't. I had them surgically removed.

:) It's usually best to have them removed before they start to come in, because 1)they usually crowd the other teeth out of alignment or come in crooked, and 2)they are too far back in the mouth to be easily cared for, so they end up getting cavities in them. The Air Force dentist pulled mine when I was 21. He used local anesthetic. The uppers were no problem, but the lowers had to be cracked and removed in pieces because of their involvement with my jawbone. It took him forever! Even he was getting tired. My jaw was never quite the same after that. So I made sure my kids had theirs cut out before they had a chance to grow into a problem. 16 is roughly the age they start doing that. But there's a lot of individual variation.

Of course, dentistry was still practically in the Stone Age when I was growing up.  ::)

When I was 12, they pulled 4 bicuspids. This was supposed to make room so that I could keep my wisdom teeth. It worked, but yeah they are too far back for me to care for very well, that is true. I bet they are impacted by now, too. I am kind of uneasy about Thursday. Would appreciate prayers.

Good luck Cherise!  I had mine out such a long time ago, that I can't really remember.  I think I had two that came out really easily and one they had to take out in bits.  The last one they left in as they said that it would not develop.  We'll pray that it all goes well on Thursday!

Thank you all again for the encouragement and reassurance. It really, really helped.  I'm still on soft food, but no more pain, yay!

Yeah, I was leery of getting dry socket. More so though, I was leery of my jaw bone breaking. I had to sign a waiver saying I understood that happens sometimes!  :o

My jaw bone did break last time I had a tooth pulled, not broken completely of course, but there were a LOT of jaw bone shards cause the guy wasn't paying attention to the fact that one of my roots was pointing up and curved... *DUH!* So I had shards coming out of my gums for like a year after. It sucked.  :P  I'm really glad yours came out much better hon.  ;)