DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

YE OLDE SUNG WOOD PUB

It was cold rain, and very heavy, but now it's stopped, and the sun is shining even at this time (which is presently 8.30pm).

I don't drink tea very often, but when I do I have it sweet, and I don't drink coffee at all these days.  I guess I just have too much of a sweet tooth! :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a HUGE sweet tooth, and I do drink coffee, black.  The bitterness of the coffee washes away the sugar, so that each bite of vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and cheesecake filling tastes just as sweet as the last bite!  LOL!

In summer I ice my coffee.

LOL Sam that was a good laugh for the morning.

<raises hand> another cup of coffee please <continues his conversations>

Off to work in about 10 min. should be an easy day the kids are doing state testing today.

We did testing last week.  I lucked out, because they tested in Advisory period, and I don't have any kids that period!  Advisory is usually 15 minutes, but it was expanded to two hours each day last week, for the testing. 

yeah..it is a headache for Lor!!  big time!  I think some schools are more difficult than others to get the testing done as well..*shakes head*

*grins*  Did I start a coffee bar at the pub Jaim?  LOL!  I'm to lazy to look back at the other pages!

Cherise you have stated it perfectly!!  I love fresh hot black strong coffee with sweet things!!  OMG...it just makes them both taste soooooo good!

*pours a round of drinks for everyone including some freshly ground Ogier Java*

Sure we are an all purpose pub and coffee house!  The coffee goes well with the scones - fresh from the Ogier bakery.  Yum!

(ok, that did it, made myself hungry - time to get out of bed  and get something to eat before heading off to work, this fine Saturday morning)

I worked today, too, Jaim --

at my super secret second job! 

And OMG, it was so fun!  LOL

*shakes a little as she drinks more coffee*

*pours himself a tall one*

I got a nice picture of my son in the mail yesterday.  Unfortunately, it was of him driving through a red light, taken by a traffic camera.  :(  And since the car is in my name, the $436.00 ticket was in my name  >:(  Now I have to fill out a form saying it wasn't me driving, but since he is still on my insurance, who knows how much that is going to go up  >:(

Dang kids!

*pours himself another drink*

Good Tuesday morning everyone!!

<raises hand> Can I get a cup of coffee please. Black with a little water.

Well it is the last week of school for the kids here. So that mean that nothing will get done the next couple of days lol. Although My team and I have plenty of work about to start for us. Always more work to do in the summer and we get som much more done with less people on the network. We are looking at switching to Server 2008 for the active directory update :) should be fun!!

Well off I go.

*pours Fantomboo a cup to order*

Well, good luck with that!  Hope it goes well.

I had a talk with my son and he explained what happened with the ticket.  Something about a third lane for busses that he didn't know about.  I filled out the paperwork to transfer the ticket to his name.  He may try to fight it, but the only option to do that is to request a jury trial or to file a written brief that is then reviewed by the police.  What ever happened to just going and talking to the judge? He is going to look into it. Always something!

Don't you know that with all the technolgy and what not, we are becoming a impersonal race. Most of the time not even knowing our own neighbors. It is leading to a sad sad world when people stopping being personal. Where does that leave human emotion.

<takes a sip of his coffee> ahh

Yeah I hear that Fantom, I don't know any of my neighbors and they aren't very interested in being friendly it seems.  We used to be friendly with all of our neighbors on this street.  *sigh*  My only friends are online friends, sometimes it bothers me how sad that is.  :P *lol*

I know, Kelly, it is both sad and scary that neighborliness is going by the wayside.  I take cookies to my neighbors every Christmas, to try and fight that.  New neighbors come and go so fast now, though, it's a losing battle.

Yeah its like that here too, we have a problem with illegal Mexicans in this area too.  They're not very friendly and most don't speak English so its hard to be friendly with them.  :(

We've been living here for over 17 years and I barely know the neighbors on either side of us let alone the rest of the cul-de-sac.  Not like the old days at all.

Wow - what a weekend.  The hottest weekend of the year, a five mile walk in the country (through fields of cows, over rickety stiles, and wading through grass that's nearly thigh deep), followed by a trip to the coast and another five mile walk, I'm exhausted!

Just a hike.  I love walking out in the country, and it was good to get out in the sun for a bit.  There's something rewarding about getting back to nature, especially seeing the wildlife. :)

Speaking of wildlife, we've got a garden full of fledglings. :)  I love this time of year. :D

I find it funny to watch fledglings hopping around trying to get their flight. Also how they seem too erratic in doing so. We have had a group of Robins hanging around the house for about a month now; they have some of the reddest breast I have seen in a while. We also have a family of squirrels that are very entertaining to watch  :D