DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Popularity Leftovers

Guest Egwene

Guest Egwene

... looks at her very not unique name.... :cry:

... but hey, I chose it because I liked it, so no worries!!:D

and as you can see the odd smiley or two...though don't overdo it (the old too much of a good thing.....) goes a long way towards brightening up your post.

Make sure you read the stickys and announcements. They contain 'must have' as well as 'useful' information. Running foul of forum rules does tend to sour relations.... so be aware (they aren't that bad in any case!!)

The Orgs are a good way to start. Lots of smileys, giggles, moats and knitting needles... And if you're asking yourselves the obvious question here.... *giggles*... go and find out :wink:

On the discussion boards things sometimes can get a bit heated. Read through the thread first before posting so you have an overview and can avoid posting a question that may already have been answered several times over. Be friendly and never post in anger.

Use the preview button to check over your post before submitting it. (As this refreshes the page, it also gives you a chance to see if someone else has posted in the meantime and maybe edit yours accordingly)

Edit:... and if like me you hit submit instead of preview in mid post, you can edit. But do point out what you have edited and try and avoid it if you can.

General Advice

Every board here has it's own identity. Long, serious, in depth posts are the norm on many of the discussion boards, whilst others, more light hearted ones have mainly short and funny ones. Try and stay within the 'tone' of the board until you know it well enough to know how much deviation from that is ok.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Egwene

Dear Newcomer to the forum.... when things get really silly (view sample posts above) join in or ignore :wink:

*throws a bucket of cold water over Zyrshnikashnu (thank god for copy and paste) and hands Alys a bar of soap*

*shudder* Anyway, all I have to add (for I am a lonely RPer) is that we do NOT in fact have DESIGNATED (:D) noobie people in most divisions (kindla like the RP version of ORGs) there are many people who enjoy jumping all around the noobs though. In the Children of Light, Band of the Red Hand, Seanchan, Seafolk, and perhaps Wolfkin, noobies are valued treasures, and beleive it or not, SG does not have many active people, so an active noobie will also be a rare value.

Warders, White Tower, and Black Tower seem to attract the most people (with Black Tower being on the bottom) In the Black Tower we have an unofficial welcome wagon and tons of nice people who practicly take your hand and show you around. :D The White Tower actually does have a designated noobie person due to its hugeness. WT is by far bigger than any div other than the Warders/tower guard. And they are not that near the WT either. The person who RPs the MoN (mistress of novices) is the noobie person. I have no idea how the Warders div works because I am not good friends with many people who have warders, and I do not have a warder, aaaannnnnnddddd my novice isn't far enough to be farmilliar with Warders div in RP mode (what we like to call IC, or in character)

Lastly, I agree with number three extremely. I don't care how you type on MSN or iqn, I don't type well on those either, but when I am doing this I make sure to be very polite with my typing, we are rated PG13, and you tend to get on people's good sides when you type well for them. When I RP (dunno how you Community people do it) I always use spellcheck before submitting. (on word, blood and Ashes I love copy/paste) Many people are put off by the lack of... expressive words. There are subsitiutes like, Bloody, Ashes, Blood and Ashes, Goat-kissing, fool, the occasional 'arses', and other loveable RJ curses.

*goes to Egwene and takes bar of soap, washing furriosly* Lalalalalala, I am dirty. Now I am clean. *offers bar to Egwene, who looks at it and backs away* Whatever your loss.

Oh, and when you see things like that, the best thing to do is be silly. Not to silly because you might enrage females (not a wise choise) in the off chance that you are a female, simply be silly so you don't get enraged. In the off chance that you get enraged.... *hands all females in thread a bar of chocolate and gives a big hug, some flowers, and a few shiny rocks called diamonds* If that doesn't placate you, give me a ten second warning, and I will go run for the hills. :D

have a name that has nothing to do with the wheel of time... people will be curious and all the sudden everyone wants to be your bestest buddy. Also, flirt with Admins and other higher-ups. Hmm...anything else??? oh... drink a lot, then post; curse; be a perv; and be a general loveble nuscience... hey it works for Mat.

Guest Egwene

Reference spoilers.... if you want to make sure that you don't get any, but want to discuss a WoT question, post you own thread and put in both topic subject and text that you do not want any spoilers from books ? to ?.

Guest Egwene

Kepen heal, you should see on the right hand side of your screen above the ads a section called Forum Options.

If you click on 'You have X new messages you should be in your PM box.

Hope this helped.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Egwene

They are the so called Orgs. Best way to find out about them is to read through some of their threads and maybe post a hello. You don't have to join to read/post on the main Org boards, so take your time finding the ones you like. Some of the Orgs have private boards that you can only access by joining (which is easy - go to usergroups under forum options on the right hand side of your screen).

Hope this helps :)

yay looks like I'm the newet newb to this forum I'm guessin :D .

but real quickly I jus wanna know how to get into the RPG if it is possible??? :?:

one more thing...how come some people have stuff like

Red hand-and other stuff in there signitures??? what does it mean?

are you allowed to be in more than one org at a time????

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just joined the forum today, I don't know why it took so long, I been reading the books since day one.

I'm old, gray and fat and I don't care. Life is for the living and I live it to the full and sod the consequences :wink:

I'm a big fan of WoT and it's the only book that I consider better that LoTR. LoTR has a greater mythology but WoT is a much better story. To me, LoTR is High Chant and WoT is Low Chant, it's better for common folk like me who like to sit in front of a blazing log fire in a cozy pub with a nice mug of real ale and listen to a good tale while smoking a good pipe.

The only thing wrong with LoTR is that it's written by an American, we Brits always come up with the good ideas and you bloody yanks have to come along and show us how to do it right tongue in cheek so no flames please :D

See ya in the posts.

Biabeli

The bigger the belly the louder the laugh

Guest Egwene

lol... great post Biabeli.. it certainly put a grin on my face :D probably because I agree with your sentiments.. only that even with tongue in cheek I don't care where anyone comes from if they can spin a good yarn!!

No prizes for guessing your favourite beverage I am guessing... :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Egwene

good question...

RAFO... this one had me foxed when I joined... it means 'read and find out'

PoV... Point of View

RP... Roleplay

WoT... Wheel of Time

KoD (or tKoD) etc.... the abbreviations for the booktitles

imho....in my humble opinion

.. those are just some of the ones I can think of... just ask if you see another and I add it to this list

8)

Archived