DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Stone

aevogt

I may have missed something but The Stone of Tear was referred to in the Prochecies as "The Stone that never falls" and to back this up it has been stated that it has never been taken of conquered.

If this is true, how is it that Artur Hawkwing ruled the entire Westlands from the Spine the the Aryth Ocean.

Darlin says in aCoS that Tear hasn't had a single ruler since Hawkwing.  Did he rule everything except the Stone.  Is there some history I missed?

Yes, but you dont HAVE to launch an attack on a place to gain control of it. You could defeat so many nations that one says "You know what, we dont really fancy a fight, we've seen what you did to Andor, just take Tear, we won't resist you." And thereby gain control of the Stone.

I found some information.

Essenia

One of the Ten Nations of the Covenant formed after the Breaking.

Essenia lay in the area most recently known as Tear and the Plains of Maredo. (Guide)

DESTROYED IN THE TROLLOC WARS

Moreina

One of the nations that arose after the Trolloc Wars.

Moreina was located in southeastern part of the Westlands.

Ruling Body

Moreina was ruled by the High Governor whose seat of power was the Stone of Tear.

During Guaire Amalasan's reign, he captured all of Moreina except for the Stone of Tear, which was held by thirty Aes Sedai.

Artur Hawkwing captured Moreina when the High Governor voluntarily declared for him.

So, the Stone dd not in fact ever fall, it was given up.

Archived