DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How to discover Messana

algspkr

There are two ways to figure out who Messana is.

First RAFO, that is the method I expect to use.

Second create a list of every AS. Then cross off the ones who can't be Messana, like those out of the tower. Then highlight those with the most matching charicteristics. This should end with a single name, or at worst a very short list of possibilities.

PS Please forgive my spelling.

Guest Majsju

RJ has said that there is enough information for us to be able to figure it out.

Which means it's an Aes sedai we have met, and done something that should sound off an alarm.

i cant see messana scrubbing pots just to keep up a disguise if she can get away with a position of power instead.

so AS it is

We saw other forsaken in "powerless" postions (Asmodean, Gars, Moggy, Lanfear, Semi, Grendal) so why wouldn't Messana be willing to play the subterfuge. She can't wield power openly, none of them are able to, and nobody notices a servant.

granted, but those were either subjugated to their positions (asmo, and moggy) were in power (halima, semi) or were noted to be overly arrogant for their supposed position(lanfear, arangar).

AS just makes more sense, on to balance of probabilities.

ive had a brainfade...where was grendal was a servant?

Moggy's first cover was a servant in Tanchico, before she was captured, and Asmo was a gleeman, hardly in a postion to influece nations (unless the said gleeman is Thom Merrilin) Grendal's cover is an old powerless noble in Arad Domain. Semi was Tuon's truth sayer, and while she had power to yell at and punish Tuon she had little power in the Seanchan empire.

One of the gars, Hamila, was an AS sectary. And the other was an errand boy for Rand. Granted they were dispatched but they still had some power.

And I got the impression that the ward that hides the ability to channel is all or nothing. So Messana can't make herself seem weaker. And if she walked down the halls of a the Tower and an AS but none of the others could sense the ability, that would be noticed, and if she went with her full stregth (stronger then any other AS expect Nyneave, maybe) that would be noticed also.

yep' date=' only like 500 characters who exist in the White Tower, this should take.... oh, a million years![/quote']

If some one really wants to do it - here is a great resource: http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

all the Aes Sedai sorted by Ajah :-)

actually it is 267 Aes Sedai - including the dead ones and the ones from history books etc...and I didn't check if the blacks are mentioned twice.

have fun!

Archived