DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aryth Ocean?

Almearafan

OK...Aryth Ocean/Ogier question. I noticed on the Encyclopaedia WOT site today that even though the Aryth Ocean is a Westeran ('West of the Westlands') that the Ogier call it the Eastern Ocean. What's up with that. Is it pre-breaking terminology, or do that Ogier originally come from somewhere so far West that the Aryth is East of them?

I'm confused and curious about this one.

My guess is that there were Ogier who lived all the way through the breaking, and therefore applied old school definitions to the new world state... that being said, did the encyclapedia quote where this came from, because i dont remember it being in the books.

My guess is that there were Ogier who lived all the way through the breaking' date=' and therefore applied old school definitions to the new world state... that being said, did the encyclapedia quote where this came from, because i dont remember it being in the books.[/quote']

No...I was looking at a description (per Encyclopaedia-WoT) of the Aryth Ocean, independent of any particular chapter or book :cry:

Archived