DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I see you... (but not in a creepy Big Brother way)

Luthine

Hi everyone! :)

I used to post here back when KoD had just been released but I slowly lost interest, until now.

Or rather until Sanderson's comments about the books made me really enthusiastic about diving back into the series, that and having always read the first ones in French, it was a good opportunity to go for an all-English marathon.

(Yes, I am French, so dont' beat me in the name of grammar!)

And so far so good! ^^ You do miss some of the soul of the books with a translation and I had never been able to truly appreciate the "quiet" chapters before. I used to go through them in a rush, waiting feverishly for action to take place.

(Imagine me during CoT :D)

I would rather not imagine that. *cringes*

Cookie points to you, because I am your first greeter! :D

Welcome to Dragonmount, Luthine!  :)

Below are some Organizations you may want to check out.  They are small communities in which people of similar views can mingle and have fun.

The Aiel Org

This is a great org that has undergone some changes.  Come and have a look around.  Post a thread and ask questions (This should be done in ANY Org you are thinking about joining, if any), people will be glad to help.  You'll enjoy the fabulous Aiel drink, oosquai, just for posting aforementioned thread! :)  (the Aiel here are really just a bunch of softies ;))

The Band of the Red Hand Org

Come join the Music and Travel Org!  Have a few brews while you're at it.  If you like brawls, this is your Org!  A brawl can happen at any moment on any thread (though it is usually in a Tavern) and usually involves chairs, empty beakers, and miscellaneous items. ;D

Shayol Ghul Org

Join only if you like stabbing people and getting stabbed in return.  If you get offended easily, don't bother.  We're evil here.  No, really.

The White Tower Org

You can become an Aes Sedai or a Warder!  Gender matters not!  If you join the Warders, you can join one of three Disciplines.  (But Cuen'd'eren is best! :P)

Wolfkin Org

If you're wondering what the Wolfkin are, it's what Perrin and Elyas are.  Besides that, though, we are the Nature Org.  We love everything to do with wildlife!  And chili and TQ (tequila), of course. ;D

Also, you may want to drop by Fiddlesticks, home of Spam, conveniently located just a small way below the New Members board.  A place to just relax and have fun posting about nothing in particular.  Let your imagination run wild, but be sure to bring some tranquilizers just in case it gets too wild… >.>

Also, Organized Games is a great place to…er…play games! ;D  Not far from Fiddlesticks, the biggest game is the Mafia Game – test the limits of your brain to find the Mafia before they find you!

Above all, Luthine, have fun, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. :)

Welcome, Luthine!!!  How are you?

(I love the subject of your topic; I'm in the middle of reading 1984 right now)

I will second what DSage said about the Aiel Org; we are the funnest (it's a word now, so be quiet!  :D)  Org around.  Also, you must check out the White Tower.  Practically everyone hangs around there, so it's great just to get to know people.

Visit and participate, and I promise you won't regret it!

Thanks for the greetings guys! :D

DSage>> I followed your advice and just signed up for a Mafia game (likely to be the first one to die^^) and I will definitely check the Orgs, obviously starting with the Aiels. (yes, I am a sucker for cookie points).

mmeeshal>> It's the week-end so I'm more than fine. ;) What about you? Enjoying the book? I never got past the 15 first pages, somehow a fate that befell every single book that a was a scholl asignment... let's say I used to be contrary to the point of silliness sometimes :P

Luthine, I noticed that you signed up for the Tiki God Mafia Game, and thought I should play as well.  Don't worry about being the first to die, as a rule, all newbies are given Day 1 (and sometimes Night 1) to live.  But after that, you're fair game.  ;)

oooohh *jumps up and down all excited like* I beat Empy and Justen to it!  ;D

errrr ... *pulls her dress straight and adjusts her shawl*

Bon jour, Luthine - ca va ?

Your English is way better than my French, anyway  :P

So anyway ... Hello and welcome to DM, Luthine  :D

Do you like to wield The Power, to be bonded or to bond or maybe just have a big shiny sword, but without creating and roleplaying a character ?? Then the White Tower (Org) is the place for you - come as yourself!

We from the White Tower (Org) would like to invite you to join us. We are a community forum: we talk, play, discuss serious matters, get totally silly - the WT has something for everyone.

You join as a Novice or an Algai, and can become either a Warder (Der'Manshima) or an Aes Sedai - we have female Warders and Ajah brothers! Each Ajah is themed (for example the Greens are the most social and the Whites like logic) and the warders are working on building new disciplines that look very exciting. You can bond, or not - whichever is your choice. Something interesting to note...the Ajahs are not always like the book ones. For instance... we Reds love men! (And we're famous for our snugglebites *winks*)

So please make yourself comfortable and have fun around here!

Welcome Luthine!

If youwant to explore your creative side, check out the Illuminators Org. We are the home for anything creative on Dragonmount including artists, writers, and crafters.

Hope to see you around!

*bursts in making a scene, pushing everyone away*

Welcome to DM!

I see you've been swamped by all these people offering you sweet nothings! Ignore it! Make your own way around the ORGs and RP side to see what they offer. What people say are the "best" may not be the best. Look at all the rubbish coming out so far! The Aiel! The White Tower! Pfft! All rubbish! Oh, and ignore Empy and Justen when they come by in their attempt to sell the Seanchan and CoL. The CoL aren't even an ORG! That's how rubbish they are! Do things in your own time. But do check the Band of the Red Hand ORG if you get the chance.

And one final tip - throw peanuts at Barm. It's really, really fun!

*throws peanuts at Barm*

But whatever you end up doing at DM, have fun!  :)

*looks up at all those who posted before him*

Didn't you guys see the newbie's french? *whaps his fellow DMers*

Jeez, he's likely to cut and run at the first sign of trouble.

You have to handle this delicately.  *holds out some crepes* Come here little fella.  It's okay, these other mean people don't mean no harm, they won't hurt ya.

See, the french can be skittish at times.

*puts the food on the ground*

Okay, I'm just gonna back away now, feel free to eat that. No one here will stop you or bother you.

JD,

CoL

Thanks for the greetings everyone!!!

Oh, some even started feeding me, isn't that swell? ::)

*Throws the crèpes at Justen Diablos before running randomly away* 

(I'm sure they were tasteless anyway  :P)

<<< See there Justen Diablos, that little sign above my avatar means I'm a GIRL!

And for good measure,

*Throws one peanut at Corki*

A girl eh?

Well Then *slides up*

How you doing?

*winks*

So I'm handsome, how are you?

*gets hit by a random peanut*

Alright who threw that?  That's not even fun... *gets smacked again*

Bah, Bah I say.

Anyway new personage sorry I didn't check for the whole sex thing, as I'm gender indiscriminate (that's not even a word... wheeeeeeeee).  *nods sagely*  And I might have been drunk.  *nods slightly less sagely* 

JD,

Welcoming.

Rough crowd huh?

*Hides the peanuts behind her back*

Well, if you were drunk, that's totally understandable, I'll make you some crèpes  ;)

*Puts a pile of crèpes in front of Justen*

There, eat up, it helps with the hang-over.

*Smiles innocently at Justen eating the crèpes*

Oops, forgot to mention that due to my lack of culinary skills, there's a 50% chance that what I cook turns out to be poison...

Archived