DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What is more painful?

Would it be more painful to get stabbed or shot? I guess it would depend on the type of sword and the type of gun. And where you got shot/stabbed. But overall in any place with any type of said weapon, which would hurt more? Getting shot or getting stabbed? ???

I would like to know? ;D

I wouldn't try it out though if I were you...

Guest malone_tymes

I have been stabbed before and that hurts like hell.  That was with a knife though.  Sword I think would be different.  Never shot at though. 

Also, would it be a killing blow or a wounding blow?

Oh I just wanted to know so that I would know what to avoid more if someone ever pointed a gun at me or threatened me with a knife, sword etc. Be cautions with both I would know that but which to be more wary of. Because I don't like pain a whole lot. :'(

Something tells me you should wander over to Fiddlesticks  ;D

I don't know about the pain, but I would think it easier to dodge a knife or sword than a bullet.

That said, a bullet is always a piercing wound, so the level of pain and danger is always dependent on where in the body it strikes.

A sword or knife can slash as well as piercing, and a slash has the potential to cause injury to a wide surface area of the body, as opposed to focusing the injury on a small but much deeper wound.

Assuming a non-fatal injury, a slash with a sword has the potential to cause the greatest superficial injury and pain, while I would think a pierce with a knife or bullet has the potential to cause the longest lasting injury via bodily organs and the cardiovascular system.

Obviously, the best thing to do is to avoid any kind of injury.

Guest leebarr

About 8 years ago I was working at a cabnet shop and lost half my left thumb on a table saw and the pain can not be put into words

Unfortunately I have been shot and stabbed.  Not at the same time and not in the same place.  I think you have to compare it in stages.  At the time of impact, the bullet really wasn't all that painful, mostly, I think, because of how fast it hits you.  The knife, however, I took sort of high on my side and hurt like hell.  I could feel the steel sliding against my rib and literally ripping skin.  If you look at both of them after the first few minutes of shock wore off then I would have to say that both hurt (and sucked) equally.  On the whole, I would tend to recommend avoiding either possibility.

I was in the military.  I was shot in 89 in Panama.  The stabbing was just being someplace I shouldn't have been.  I was drunk enough that when the guy with the knife told me to give him my wallet I laughed at him.  I ended up on the wrong end of the knife during the scuffle.  That was all a long time ago.

A spork to the eyeball ftw.

Actually too many variables to make a call here.  Most painful wound I have personally witnessed was large calibar handgun shot into a woman's wrist. It shattered the bones in her wrist and palm of her hand. She wasn't a happy camper. 

HoppyQ. You weren't at Ft Benning by any chance after Panama?  I worked at the hospital there in 89-90. Saw lots of guys recovering from wounds after Panama. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have also been both shot and stabbed. The gunshot was from a .22 and did not hurt at all tioll about 30 minutes after. All I felt was the impact (surprisingly not painful) then my ankle went numb. I have been stabbed and cut many times while at work (construction) and they do tend to hurt quite a bit depending on where you get cut and how deep.

With a really sharp knife, you tend to just feel a tingle because the nerve endings are sliced pretty clean. A cut from a jagged object like shredded metal or wood splinters and gladd are probably the most painful. I would bet that if your arm were to be swiftly lopped off by a sword, the pain would not be too bad at first.

I personally would take a bullet to a stabbing any day of the week. Most gunshots are not fatal, but people tend to panic and go into shock. The worst pain I have felt was either from a kidney stone or pepper spray. They both sucked really bad.

I have been shot three times and stabbed twice. I would have to say that stabbing hurts a lot worse. I took a 9 mil to my left forearm, and .22 to my right thigh. I took a eight inch combat knife about three inches below my heart, one on my stomach, and a third an inch under my bottom right rib, grazed my kidney.

Let me tell you, that kidney shot hurt like hell. When people say that a kidney shot hurts so bad that you throat locks up and you cant scream, they aren't lying. Id take a bullet over any sort of edged weapon any day of the week.

Im a cop. Atlanta isnt the most violent city by far, but it has its share of violent crimes. I will admit i have been wounded for mor than most other police officers. Given the choice between a bullet, knife or pillow, I would definately take the pillow. ;)

Archived