DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The game Sha'ra

bRANDan

The game Sha'ra, what do you think? Based on something long forgotten, like the game Snakes and Foxes, or just a game with, coincidentally, the main piece, the Fisher, looking like the Dragon did in a previous turning of the wheel.

I think it is like the game Snakes and Foxes, about something long forgotten. Ishamael/Moridin obviously seems to think there is more to it than just a board-game. The Fisher is too exact in its detail to be anything but the Dragon, and I think any game based on the Dragon would have at least some clues to what happened the last turning and clues to what might happen this time. The game Sha'ra is one of the keys as to why I believe Rand and Moridin will switch bodies several times before TG is over, as the Fisher switches sides many times in a game of Sha'ra.

Any ideas/opinions?

Hopefully, I'm going in the direction you wanted, but throughout time games have been created as learning tools or to train people in future jobs. This may be a poor example, but the toy lawn mower that the child will follow the adult around. It does nothing of itself, but the child by playing "follow the leader" learns about yardwork.

Shara might be a game to teach about a past age, or a future time. Also, many games evolve over the years and sometimes the game you are playing now Monopoly for instance) maybe very different in the rules that it originally came out with. I always played it where money would go into the middle and whoever hit 'Free Parking' would win it, the original rules had 'Free Parking' as just a free space.

Good question, it would be interesting if we find out more in the 12th.

Guest Dreadlord

Im sure the Fisher resembles Rand. Im sure it was clutching its side, like it had Rands wounds, and something was tied over its eyes as if blind-Rands eyes were damaged to a point by Semirhages fireball. Also we know that the True Powers Saa (sp?) caused the user to eventually lose his eyes (check out Ishamaels corpse) so maybe Rand will tap into the True Power somehow.

Also we know that the True Powers Saa (sp?) caused the user to eventually lose his eyes (check out Ishamaels corpse) so maybe Rand will tap into the True Power somehow.

Interesting, although I hadn't thought of it exactly that way. For me, Rand will suffer from Saa through his connection with Moridin who is addicted to it. I seem to recall that when Rand is hit by Semirhage, he has "black flecks" swimming in his eyes for a while. So that could be it, or maybe that the fireball wasn't simply a fireball...

Rands eyes was damaged by the fireball, so that he is very sensitive to light. To me, it seems like the "blindfold" is more like "sunglasses".

The Saa is a direct physical result of using the TP. It would be impossible for Rand to get it through his link with Moridin, no matter how much TP Moridin uses. And since using TP requires both an active wish to use, as well as direct permission from the DO, I think it is safe to say that it is impossible for Rand to use it. Unless he switches team...

Except that we don't know much about his link with Moridin. And considering the fact that they are aware of each other and seem to share the same nauseating feeling when they are, who knows what else they could share?

Besides, it could be part of the "merging" process that will lead to the death of one them.

Of course you could be right with your sunglasses theory, or could also simply be related to the "beggar" viewing.

The descriptions in Rands POV about his eyes is basically a case study of eyes exposed to bright light and thus becoming oversensitive to light.

Having the Saa transfer through the link is kinda like Moridin becoming a redhead. The Saa is a part of the physical body, the link is something "mental", with physical side-effects.

Archived