DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rating

vltmp

Ok, first off let me say that WoT is without a doubt the best series I have ever read. RJ is an amazing writer. For this I would have to give the book a 10.

But, I have read other books, good books though not as good, and have prefered some aspects in those books. So for that I think I'll revise my rating to 9.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999... you get the idea.

I am a fan, or I wouldn't be here, but a 10?  No.  9-9.5.  If only because of how repetative the whole business of the girls being stern and angry is.

TLofR is the only 10 for me, the Narnia stories and the Future History stories (although SF, not fantasy) are 9.5+

Tim

TLofR is the only 10 for me, the Narnia stories and the Future History stories (although SF, not fantasy) are 9.5+

You really thought LotR was better than WoT? Well to each his own I guess. I myself like LotR (used to be my favorite when I was younger), but the characters don't have nearly enough realism to them and the story just seems so simple after reading WoT. The first thing that struck me when beginning to read WoT was the realistic characters, that's an important thing for me though.

As for boring political intrigue, yeah I can certainly see your point there. I didn't mind it though, it was interesting and I believe it was required to set up AMoL, which will might just be action packed enough to change your mind  ;), I hope.

10, for multiple reasons. Not because the series was perfect. It certainly had its flaws (like a multiple-page bath scene, too much braid-tugging, establishment of a stereotype of behavior for females and males).

But the books are inspiring. Their complexity approaches closer to complete realism than any book/series I've ever read--even some nonfiction.

I would have to go with 9.8. I have read so many authors and each have changed my thoughts of what I like and don't like. I don't ever give a top grade for anything because I feel like there is always room for improvement, BUT this series is the best I have come across so far. It would have to be VERY good (another series) to come close, let alone top this one.

Archived