DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prophecies from the dark side?

42Bonzo88

I tried the search and couldn't find this subject, if it's there, I would appreciate the info.

I'm rereading (listening) to TGH and in the chapter where Fain escapes and Verin is reading the writings left in the cell, she says something like We don't know much about the prophecies from the dark side. Other than the one she finds there, are there any more?  She tells Egwene one about Ishmael and the Dark One, but I think that came from the Kar cycle or from another Aes Sedai.

Any ideas about dark Prophecies?

I think the "blood calls blood" is mostly propaganda or gloating.

Also I don't really think prophesy comes in light/dark flavors, a DF reading the Prophesies of the Dragon with all the doom and gloom and "we're so screwed" therein would probably be pretty happy with it ;)

I actually thought about this just yesterday when I was reading the prophecies that we do have, because it dawned on me that if they are the ONLY prophecies, then apart from Rand we've really got nothing to worry about - it's all prophecied to go pretty much our way, so long as Rand sacrifices himself!

It certainly would be the most logical thing to assume that there are prophecies on the Dark Side, which are probably pretty much opposite to ours. It's unlikely that their prophecies will also say that the Dragon Reborn sacrifices himself and saves the world from the Dark.

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

because it dawned on me that if they are the ONLY prophecies, then apart from Rand we've really got nothing to worry about - it's all prophecied to go pretty much our way

Our way?

TGLOD, blessed be his name, will pull it out of the bag at the last minute and you'll all be used as Trolloc food! Fool! MWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH  ;D

I found this in the Tar Valon Library;

Chapter 7 The Great Hunt - Blood Calls Blood.

Daughter of the Night, she walks again.

The ancient war, she yet fights.

Her new lover she seeks, who shall serve her and die, yet serve still.

Who shall stand against her coming?

The Shining Walls shall kneel.

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood.

Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.

The man who channels stands alone.

He gives his friends for sacrifice.

Two roads before him, one to death beyond dying, one to life eternal.

Which will he choose? Which will he choose?

What hand shelters? What hand slays?

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood.

Luc came to the Mountains of Dhoom.

Isam waited in the high passes.

The hunt is now begun. The Shadow's hounds now course, and kill.

One did live, and one did die, but both are.

The Time of Change has come.

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood.

The Watchers wait on Toman's Head.

The seed of the Hammer burns the ancient tree.

Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.

Death shall reap, and bodies fall, before the Great Lord comes.

Again the seed slays ancient wrongs, before the Great Lord comes.

Now the Great Lord comes.

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood.

Now, to break it down;

Daughter of the Night, she walks again. Lanfear

Her new lover she seeks, who shall serve her and die, yet serve still. interesting. 'new' perhaps refers to Rand, in place of LTT. but he shall serve her? die? serve still? How could this happen i wonder? I wonder if she somehow turns around her cour'souvra situation with Moridin, around the time of the body-swap (if you hold with that theory)

Who shall stand against her coming?

The Shining Walls shall kneel.Tar Valon?

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood

Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be..Not sure. Aiel and Rand? Descendants of someone? Seanchan Blood?

The man who channels stands alone. Rand?

He gives his friends for sacrifice.Mat, Perrin?

Two roads before him, one to death beyond dying, one to life eternal. To go with, or avoid the body-swap?

What hand shelters? What hand slays? Shelters and slays Rand, or him sheltering and slaying?

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood.

Isam waited in the high passes. The Luc/Isam = Slayer combination.

The hunt is now begun. The Shadow's hounds now course, and kill. Slayer / Isam / Luc are the Shadow's hounds? Are THEY the Great Hunt?

One did live, and one did die, but both are. One of Luc/Isam died, the other survived, they took his body. Seeing as Slayer has dark hair i'd say Isam died - Luc has dark red hair.

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood.

The Watchers wait on Toman's Head. Have we had this already? Who are the Watchers with a capital W?

The seed of the Hammer burns the ancient tree. I'm not sure. Hammer. Perrin? ancient tree... avendasorelda(sp.)? Or is this Laman?

Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes. We've had this already - the Bowl of Winds fixed it. Or at least reversed it.

Death shall reap, and bodies fall, before the Great Lord comes. Lots of fighting. Check.

Again the seed slays ancient wrongs, before the Great Lord comes.Is this the same seed as burns the ancient tree?

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood.

Now the Great Lord comes

So there's still lots of questions, but interesting stuff..

Now, to break it down;

Just a few thoughts

Daughter of the Night, she walks again. Lanfear

Her new lover she seeks, who shall serve her and die, yet serve still. interesting. 'new' perhaps refers to Rand, in place of LTT. but he shall serve her? die? serve still? How could this happen i wonder? I wonder if she somehow turns around her cour'souvra situation with Moridin, around the time of the body-swap (if you hold with that theory) Since it says 'yet serve still' and not server HER still, could it mean that when he comes back from being apparently dead he serves but doesn't serve her?Who shall stand against her coming?

The Shining Walls shall kneel.Tar Valon?

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood

Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be..Not sure. Aiel and Rand? Descendants of someone? Seanchan Blood?

The man who channels stands alone. Rand?

He gives his friends for sacrifice.Mat, Perrin? And many others

Two roads before him, one to death beyond dying, one to life eternal. To go with, or avoid the body-swap?

What hand shelters? What hand slays? Shelters and slays Rand, or him sheltering and slaying?

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood.

Isam waited in the high passes. The Luc/Isam = Slayer combination.

The hunt is now begun. The Shadow's hounds now course, and kill. Slayer / Isam / Luc are the Shadow's hounds? Are THEY the Great Hunt? We have had several instances now of the shadow hounds being sited.

One did live, and one did die, but both are. One of Luc/Isam died, the other survived, they took his body. Seeing as Slayer has dark hair i'd say Isam died - Luc has dark red hair.

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood.

The Watchers wait on Toman's Head. Have we had this already? Who are the Watchers with a capital W? This was in TGH.  The watchers were supposed to be the ones watching for the return of Hawkwing's descendents.The seed of the Hammer burns the ancient tree. I'm not sure. Hammer. Perrin? ancient tree... avendasorelda(sp.)? Or is this Laman?Wasn't hammer one of Hawkwing's names?  Meaning the Seanchan would burn down the tree?

Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes. We've had this already - the Bowl of Winds fixed it. Or at least reversed it.

Death shall reap, and bodies fall, before the Great Lord comes. Lots of fighting. Check.

Again the seed slays ancient wrongs, before the Great Lord comes.Is this the same seed as burns the ancient tree? If the seed are the Seanchan then perhaps it means they will fight against the trollocs in the last battle?

As to "the seed of the hammer burning the ancient tree" (paraphrase)

I believe that this refers to the descendants of Artur Hawkwing(He was known as The Hammer... remember reading this somewhere in TGH in direct reference to this prophecy)

and I believe the burning of the ancient tree refers to the Seanchan sewing chaos and disorder in Tarabon, they claim to be one of the oldest races in the world... and it has something to do with trees(I think... =P)

Guest Dreadlord

Slayer can change between Luc and Isam at will, so long as he is in T'A'R when he wants to change. Who he looks like is no indication of which was killed.

The thing that makes me think it is Isam that killed Luc is that Isam was waiting in the blight. When Luc was sent to the Blight by the Aes Sedai (whos name I forget) he wasnt a darkfriend. He went to the Blight and encountered Isam, who was waiting. I think Isam, a borderlander-more to the point Malkieri-would have been able to take Luc, I think-after all, surviving the Blight itself would be a task

Guest durram laddel cham

Gitara Moroso is the AS name.

but I think it's just propaganda, it just contradicts to much of the kareathon cyrcle (sp?).

Her new lover she seeks, who shall serve her and die, yet serve still.This is probably how Lanfear sees it at htat time, but Rand never served.

Two roads before him, one to death beyond dying, one to life eternal.This is the arrogance of the shadow. they presume Rand will go to the shadow(and live forever) or die, probably by BF.

The rest is pretty clear I suppose.

Guest Dreadlord

Serve her and die, yet serve still. Could the serving bit refer to when he first met her in the early books? Selene was it? He seemed protective of her unless my memory is vague. OR could it be about her plan with Asmodean, how she made it possible for Rand to catch Asmo and be taught by him?

Archived