DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who's the old man?

Yo, just doing another re-read, and came across something interesting. When Rahvin, Sammael, Graendal and Lanfear have their first meeting, we are in Rahvin's POV. He mentions looking through Graendal's gateway and seeing an sad looking old man who looked out of place amongst the rest of shenanigans going on in her palace. Who is this guy? There are many people it could be, she's in Arad Doman, right? So i have an idea it may be Alsalam, i mean, Ituralde has no idea where he is, but do we have any information how old, or what Alsalam looks like? I don't think so... any ideas who this geezer is?

I was always confused by that too. I always thought that it was Noal Charin though. She loves to use Compulsion and Noal was always touching his head and talking about headaches, and things he should remember. Hes old and he has reason to be sad (being used by Ishamael and everything). Really though it could be Alsalam or someone we havent seen or maybe even Old Cully which i thought was also Noal Charin, but thats just my opinion.

I know Noal Charin is Jain Farstrider. But isnt it possible that another forsaken picked up Noal Charin/ Jain Fartsider and tried to use him after Ishy died? i.e. the black ajah was run by Ishy but then picked up by Mesaana. So isnt it possible that Noal Charin could be used by Greandel? 

I know Noal Charin is Jain Farstrider. But isnt it possible that another forsaken picked up Noal Charin/ Jain Fartsider and tried to use him after Ishy died? i.e. the black ajah was run by Ishy but then picked up by Mesaana. So isnt it possible that Noal Charin could be used by Greandel? 

When I read the passage, this is exactly who I thought it was also.  I am not sure why, but even on my re-reads, Noal still pops up in my mind when this comes up. 

Does anyone remembe a description of Alsalam?  that we could compare it to?

• 4 weeks later...

Yo, just doing another re-read, and came across something interesting. When Rahvin, Sammael, Graendal and Lanfear have their first meeting, we are in Rahvin's POV. He mentions looking through Graendal's gateway and seeing an sad looking old man who looked out of place amongst the rest of shenanigans going on in her palace. Who is this guy? There are many people it could be, she's in Arad Doman, right? So i have an idea it may be Alsalam, i mean, Ituralde has no idea where he is, but do we have any information how old, or what Alsalam looks like? I don't think so... any ideas who this geezer is?

I'm pretty sure it's the King.

Archived