DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Delenn

A Bonding

Del paused just inside the doors to the Great Hall and blinked in the morning light. It was still quite this time of the day, the rest of the Tower just waking up and going about their morning routines. She had decided to wear her favorite white velvet gown for this special occasion and she took a moment to smooth the skirts and check her hair.  She smiled as she felt down the intricate braid that Ata had created for her last night. She couldn't have done a better job and she hadn't even known what it was for. Her hand checked along the length feeling the pearls and diamonds to make sure they were secure and the silver cord and single white rose attached at the end. She adjusted her white shawl one last time so that the fringe fell to just above the floor. Then with a final deep breath she settled into wait... 

Paetric woke earlier than normal, the excitement of the occasion getting the better of him.  A trip to the yards and an intense workout helped calm and prepare him for the day ahead.  After cleaning he dressed in the finest clothing a simple Warder owned and strapped his Nodachi to his back.  He strode briskly through the Tower, heading to the hall, barely noticing those around him.  Entering the hall his eyes focused on the stunning figure dressed in White across the hall from him.  Without hesitation he walked straight to her, eyes locked on hers.  Upon reaching her he says “Delenn Sedai, as summoned so I Paetric, Sword Captain of the Warders do present myself”

Guest malone_tymes

**sits down with confetti in hand**

cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delenn caught her breath, stunned by the formal address and by the sheer presence that he exuded as he entered. She had to stop herself from stepping back under the intensity of his gaze. She stood studying his face,  his eyes.. trying to find the Paet she knew behind the Captain in front of her. She hesitated, suddenly unsure of how to proceed.

Thank you for meeting me this morning, Captain. You know it feels funny calling you that... I can't seem to remember when last I thought of you as Sword Captain. Then she did remember and began to laugh. Actually, I think it was during one of our very first conversations. I believe I said to you, "So... Sword Captain.. is that second rank?" Delenn shook her head, I was so embarrassed. I think at that point I decided I would just think of you as Paet. Slowly her laughter quieted as she looked at him, but I supposed you are both aren't you? Well...

I guess we both know why we are here but perhaps I should make it official.

In the time since I have known you we have spent many hours together talking, laughing, and generally having fun. From the beginning you have constantly amused me with your attempts to shock me or catch me off guard. Sometimes it has even worked. I think it was even more amusing when I decided it was time to start shocking you. But somewhere in all the back and forth I found you were... sensitive to me. I am not an easy person to get to know but you managed to convince me to open up places I never had before. Share pieces of myself that only you have ever seen. I am a different person because of you. A better person I think. In a strange way more myself then I have ever been.

And you are not at all what I originally expected. Deeper, more thoughtful certainly, but more complex then even that... I have gotten to know you as a wonderful caring man who faces life with a courage and grace that I truly admire. Your adventurous spirit and determination to live each day to the fullest remind me that life is to be enjoyed and not just endured. And there is a warm side to you that, in typical book White fashion, I tend to back away from, but  you always have patiently accepted me despite my faults.

There are so many things about you that I hold dear, and so I think it is time for me to ask if you would accept my bond?

I would be honored to accept your bond.  This short sentence is far deeper than it appears though.  I wish I could express how honored I am that you agree to share a bond with me. I think you know, but it’s important to attempt to express so that others may understand.  We share a complete and absolute bond.  Never do I question or worry how you would react to something I do, or question or worry about anything you do.    You are always there for me, always making time for whatever I need.  Knowing this pushes me to be a better person in an attempt to emulate you, to be to you as you are to be.

You let me see life in a different way.  I’m much more open and upfront with all I talk with, yet none see into the true me like you do.  This is because of you. 

I’ve learned that life’s journeys never take us where we expect nor do they take the route that seems to be laid out in front of us.  Along the way I’ve meet many interesting people and made great friends. Yet of the many friends I have few know me the way you do.  Without a doubt you accept me and all my faults, my quirks, my silliness, my denseness and playfulness.  You challenge me and help me grow.  You forgive and help me learn.

So yes Delenn Sedai, I would be more than honored to share your bond.

Paetric, you are such an amazing person and I can't even begin to describe what it means to me that you would want to share this bond. You honor me, my Gaidin.

I want you to know that I will always treasure our friendship. I will always be here when ever you need me. I promise you that any strength I have is yours and what ever comfort I can give I will. I will be here to support you and encourage you in anything that you face or choose to undertake. I will always try to be a source of happiness in your life and a place you can know without a doubt that you are accepted just as your are, just as you have done for me.

Oh, and I promise that I will never again use the One Power on you unless it is to your benefit.

"Oh, and I promise that I will never again use the One Power on you unless it is to your benefit." Whistles.  Being dunked in the moat is never for my benefit!

Whatever you need, whenever you need it all you need do is ask.  I couldn't ask for a better birthday present.

Well there is that one thing........... ;)

*grumbles and responds to that top part in private*

Stepping forward Del begins to form the complex weave of Spirit that will Bond Paet as her Warder. Gently laying her fingers against his temple she Channels, directing the flows into him. A huge smile spreads across her face as she feels him settle in the back of her mind.

Feels the weave settle in and smiles to himself as he becomes aware of Del

*jumphuggles her Sis and Paet* Congratulations !!

I'm so happy for you, my dears  :D

*snuggles the 2 some more*  :D

Congrats my Sis and her new Gaidin!

*flyingtacklehugs them both*

I hope your bond makes you as happy as you both deserve!  :-*  ;D

*lets them both go and begins bouncing with happiness whilst beaming all over her face*  ;D ;D

Thanks so much guys :D

*hugs Nae and snugglebites her sisters and saves a big hug for Moose*

Guest malone_tymes

**Throws Green confetti in the air**

YAY, congrats you two.

Congrats you two, it was lovely

*shakes up some champagne and sprays it over the pair and then begins to fill up some galsses*

Time to celebrate ;D

*snugglebites the pair*

oh my yes !!

*eyes Talya* ... "special" party at the Lounge?  ;D