DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I Really Hope...

Ziggy

I have been reading Brandon Sanderson's blog for the past couple months. I really hope that before he starts writing book number 12 he gets past the "I can't believe I'm going to do this fan boy stage".

Do you all agree?

Guest leebarr

It's good he really enjoys the books. That will make him want to do it right but now he needs to say this is mine lets do it so to speak

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

Given that this is his shot at megastardom within the fantasy genre, I think he'll go out of his way to do a good job. I think he'll try to avoid producing a long fanfic like the plague.

Not easy to do though.

Honestly, I think he's playing up the fan boy thing for his public.  Kinda helps make him relatable to us and gives us a sense that this project in in the hands of one of our own.  Its not a bad thing, he's not trying to decive anyone, its just good showmanship.

Agreed. From the quotes ive read it seems clear to me that he is concerned at looking like he is taking over the book, that he'd think he'd do a better job, or that it'd be his job. His overt fanboyishness is just a way of reassuring us that he will respect RJ's vision.

If we are all on the same page in saying that RJ and the WOT is one of the greatest series of all time (and who would be on this web page and not like the series) then I would think the challenge would be overwhelming to any great writer even if he has developed a big following already (Stephen King, Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman). Just look at the Lord of the Ring movies and how much of a challenge that was to the director and producers. If the first movie ended up flopping then most likely very few people would have gone to the rest.

I think he will do a great job and keep to the story line just fine. Remember he will have Harriet there to help and advise.

Guest Dreadlord

One thing I am pleased about is that Brandon said he and Harriet have worked out a place where they can name Asmodeans kller. I dont even feel its an issue anymore as to who killed him but I will be glad when I know for sure, six books of speculation with no definite answer! It annoyed alot of the fans that we couldnt work it out, myself included.

I really dont think that we'll have to worry about AMoL being done poorly by BS. I for one think that his up for the job and he also has Harriet working wiht him on the entire project and other than RJ himself she has the best idea of how everything goes and should be written.

Archived