DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A lot of people will disgree with me on this......

So, am I the Greatest DO ever or am I!   

28 members have voted

1. 1. So, am I the Greatest DO ever or am I!

• The Greatest Dark One ever!
    • Almost the Greatest Dark One!
    • There have been better, but also worse...
    • Meh... you could use some make-up methinks
    • I should be the DO!!

But Drizzt Do'Urden must die! Fans of Wulfgar unite! Return the barbarian to his rightful place as the main character! And get rid of those blasted, pointless monologues! Free the other characters from being lil'Drizztlets! And stop the blasted greatest-sword-fighter-of-all-time crap. That is soooooooooo overdone. And stop changing the names of all the minor characters! Amen

In the original printings of the Icewind Dale trilogy the cat was male. RAS changed that later, just as he changed Lloth's name to Lolth and general Dagnabit to Dagna.(I can forgive that last one, though it is difficult :) ) I don't really mind minor changes, but they keep adding up to more inconsistencies. Look for old copies of the Icewind Dale and Dark Elf trilogies and of Legacy. If you find them, you would see that I am right.

Llolth is one that you can't really blame on Salvatore actually. You can point the finger at Wizards of the Coast for that. One of their edition revisions resulted in the changed spelling of certain deities and stuff. Salvatore being under contract with them, likely had very little to do with that.

In the original printings of the Icewind Dale trilogy the cat was male. RAS changed that later' date=' just as he changed Lloth's name to Lolth and general Dagnabit to Dagna.(I can forgive that last one, though it is difficult :) ) I don't really mind minor changes, but they keep adding up to more inconsistencies. Look for old copies of the Icewind Dale and Dark Elf trilogies and of Legacy. If you find them, you would see that I am right.[/quote']

In The Icewind Dale and Dark Elf Trilogies guen was an "it". It wasn't until a RAS short story in Realms of Magic in a story call "Guenavar(?)" that it was revealed what "its" gender is.

• Community Administrator
The pronoun "he" was used a couple of time for the cats in the original editions. Rarely' date=' but still used. Then "it" was used for several books, than "she". It was the most common, but he [i']was[/i] used.

When your getting your throat ripped out from beneath your chin, I doubt you have enough time to get a gender check. :P

• 1 month later...

Archived