DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
U4ea

Who Comes Before Us as Candidate for Accepted?

The following Novice has met the requirements to be raised to Accepted and may post her arches when ready.

Yelenia

Congratulations, Accepted Yelenia! :D

Guest Far Dareis Mai

Woo! Congrats! :D

Guest nephitess

Congrats....LOL i thought you were an accepted already :D

First Arch(for what was)

In the late 90s, I was one of those always busy extroverted high school kids. I had my theatre, band, debate, and geeky friends on the side. ;) Well, the brother of one of the geeky friends (who was in band with me, actually) was reading TGH, I believe. I had a bit of a crush on him - just enough to want to have lots to talk with him about. ;) So I picked up EotW. I was surprised how much I got into the series. I still talk with the guy every now and again - and secretly am always reminded of the fandom he handed me.

I fell back on the series in 2003 - I was rebuilding myself: setting priorities, deciding what *I* wanted for my future. I found tarvalon.net and through members there Dragonmount. I started meeting folks at Dragon*Con. I started plotting costumes, and converting the masses at a book store I work at. I picked myself up and found a lovely group of folks to play with - all brought together by WoT.

Second Arch(for what is)

After 5 years, I've started school again. I've grown since I first picked up the series, and I'm finally 'on (the) track' of my choosing. I should finish my BA in History by May 2009. (excited \o/)

DM has always been a place I've come for news, info and just to lurk. ;) It amazes me the type of folks here, and how despite the rules of the interweb, how so many awesome folks manage to hang out in the same place.

Most of the folks who keep me comin' back to the DM probably don't know it. I can't help it! I'm shy! Muirenn and Cleo got me to actually register here, Danya has been a wonderful mentor to a lurky novice. ;) Mystica has been awesome welcoming, and it's always a thrill to see D*Con DM members on the site - I get a silly 'zomg! I know them!' feeling.

Third Arch(what will be)

Become more active/abandon my slacker-lurker ways. :D I'm so terrible about that, really. Finding my home/Ajah at DM. Finalize next step in world domination plot. Costume, play, teach, grow. Generally try to become a lovable nuisance.

I'll also be finishing my Thesis this year, hopefully by the end of the summer. I'll be hoarding swatches of fabric for a big book o' purdy fabrics. and Costuming. and Reading. and generally just being a dork.  :D

*rubs whipped cream in Raye's face*

YAY!!! Congrats Yelenia!! *dances with the lovely yummy one* :D

Congratulations Yelenia! I remember you from talks about the final Harry Potter book, and what a time you guys had at the store! I haven't been on here as much as I'd have liked, and I thought you had drifted away. I'm so glad you stayed with us.  :)