• Mesaana
    • Moghedian
    • Rahvin
    • Sammael
    • Semirhage
    • Verin
    • Alanna
    • Gaul

Does anyone or would you get a Wheel of Time tattoo? If you have what is it of? If you would what would you get and why?

I am seriously considering a WOT tattoo... but I am going to wait until the series is done with. Not that I think RJ will disappoint but I just want to know who everything will turn out first.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would suggest not getting it. Think about the future. It might look good, but you might have trouble explaining it in the future.

Consider this...a girl I dated for three years liked my motorcycle so much, she wanted to get a tatoo of the Kanji symbol that came on the bike (Suzuki Hayabusa) If she had gotten the tatoo, how would she explain that to the guy she's with now? or her eventual husband?

I'm not about to get a tatoo, but if I was going to get one, I think it would be a heron mark on my shoulder with the words "Duty is heavier then a mountain, death lighter then a feather."... Yeah, that would be sweet.

"Consider this...a girl I dated for three years liked my motorcycle so much, she wanted to get a tatoo of the Kanji symbol that came on the bike (Suzuki Hayabusa) If she had gotten the tatoo, how would she explain that to the guy she's with now? or her eventual husband?" - rd2000

"Honey, what does that tatoo mean?"

"Oh, that's the logo of the makers of this motorcycle I was really into a few years back. One of my boyfriends had one."

Yeah - that's really difficult to explain.

If you want to get a tatoo, go for it. I have been considering getting a tattoo of Mat's chapter icon for some time. I am going to wait until the series is done and then decide what I want. I think getting this tattoo will finally let me take a break from the Wheel, knowing that it will always be a part of me.

If a tattoo means something to you that is all that matters. If someone is going to judge you because of some ink on your body then they deserve to be kicked to the curb so to speak.

I also like Gareth Bryne's bull.

I had a friend who was considering getting gold and red dragons tattooed on his forearms.

Do it if you want to.

"Consider this...a girl I dated for three years liked my motorcycle so much' date=' she wanted to get a tatoo of the Kanji symbol that came on the bike (Suzuki Hayabusa) If she had gotten the tatoo, how would she explain that to the guy she's with now? or her eventual husband?" - rd2000

"Honey, what does that tatoo mean?"

"Oh, that's the logo of the makers of this motorcycle I was really into a few years back. One of my boyfriends had one."

Yeah - that's really difficult to explain.

If you want to get a tatoo, go for it. I have been considering getting a tattoo of Mat's chapter icon for some time. I am going to wait until the series is done and then decide what I want. I think getting this tattoo will finally let me take a break from the Wheel, knowing that it will always be a part of me.

If a tattoo means something to you that is all that matters. If someone is going to judge you because of some ink on your body then they deserve to be kicked to the curb so to speak.

I also like Gareth Bryne's bull.

I had a friend who was considering getting gold and red dragons tattooed on his forearms.

Do it if you want to.[/quote']

Well, she was gonna get the tatoo on a private area. :oops:

Well, Red States is against tattoos. He's not into that kind of self destruction, even though his own wife does it.

Red States thinks there would only be one kind of cool WOT tattoo, and that's of the Dragons.

But the law prevents me from killing the man who wears them in mockery of the Car'a'carn.

I have three tattoos and I do not regret them in the least. They all mark a specific time in my life that I want to remember, or mark in some way. I do not have a WoT tattoo (though one of mine is a Yin-Yang with a dragon very similar to the one here). I will probably eventually get one, but most likely not until the end of the series.

I do however have a Tolkien based tattoo. It is based on an image of Smaug from the Hobbit that was on a calendar in the 1980's. Though I did mine in blue instead of red.

I had to vote in the affirmative. I think Tatoos are HOT. Also I have only one so far but plan to get others.

As for a WOT Tat: I think I would have to get something like a braid with a yellow ribbon in it, to start with, but I'm sure there are others out there that I would like as well. Something like a coronet (or whatever Moraine had her blue jewel hanging from) with the jewel. I just wouldn't want the whole face on me for either one of them.

I have lots of tattoos. I love the whole idea of external expression that they represent.

I currently have an anime style drawing of an Aes Sedai (kinda my mind's eye of me) on my arm, and I'm planning on getting another but I'm not 100% sure what yet. I'm weighing my options. :D

I'm also going to get some dragons, a Harry Potter tattoo, a Star Wars tat, and probably more dragons... I like dragons :D:D:D:D

i decided a while ago that i will be getting a tat at some point in my life, but i want ot wait until i find a symbol that means alot to me; wot has crossed my mind...i am already making enquieries about the possibility of a great serpent ring, but there are so may great symbols in the wot that i just cant choose.

I personally have three tattoo's, but no WOT influenced. All of the one's that I do have a spritually significant to me in some way, and my love of this series would justify me getting one if there was a particular image that meant enough to me. I actually wish that I could get the clan chief tat's, but I have a strong personal rule: No tattoos that I cannot hide in t-shirt and jeans :cry:

Anyone with a love as strong as all of us for this series, get one if you want it and it would mean something to you. You don't get tattoos for other's acceptance and approval, but for your own desires. Just make sure you like the image and trust the tattoo artist, because it will be with you aslong as you live :D

• 2 weeks later...

well, i also have a tolkien tat...

the symbol of the tree of gondor with my last name underneath, written in sindarin. pretty cool stuff.

i'd love to get a dragon around my arm at some point. but it'll probably start on my shoulderblade and work its way down my arm, ending above the elbow. that way it's hidden for work. :)

Guest Egwene

I voted no because people change as they grow older. You will likely change your views on fashion, on who is your favourite Band, according to statistics on who you love...etc...

If tatoos could be erased again easily, I'd have one like a shot. But I don't want to find myself with an engraving on my body that I might not like anymore. Or being reminded of something that was great, but is no longer... though I think that applys more to things like names of lovers.... and WoT certainly has a mountain of great design ideas in it..

At the end of the day it's a personal choice...

Leafburner wrote:

Couldn't have said it better. I still haven't decided wheter to go for the WOT logo (wheel with serpent) or one of the cool chapter icons...

Will wait for the series to end before deciding though ..

You don't get tattoos for other's acceptance and approval' date=' but for your own desires. Just make sure you like the image and trust the tattoo artist, because it will be with you aslong as you live :D[/quote']

Hell yeah brother. Or sister...

I have two tattoos myself, neither of them WoT-based. The first I got the day after my 18th birthday, it's of a dove shrieking at a snake which is reared up to attack it. It's a symbol, to me anyway, of the eternal battle between good and evil, and serves as a reminder to me that I have to choose which side I'm on. I don't always choose the dove, but I probably should...

The other reads LMD 04-11-84 -> 16-08-03 and is a memoriam to a dead friend, may the Light shine upon her soul.

I've been planning the gold-and-red dragons up the forearms (both forearms - I'm the Car'a'carn or I'm not doing it!) since I first read about them in Book 4. Not as a testament to the WoT series - well, not entirely - but because I think it would look awesome. The only trouble I'm having is finding a tattoo artist whom I trust enough to do the work properly. Unfortunately the one who did the bird 'n' snake combo on my shoulderblade is no longer with us. May the Light shine upon his soul also.

I say, if you really want to, go for it. You only live once - well, unless you're Forsaken, it seems - and you never know how many chances you're going to get. Get the tattoo - or tattoos, plural, if you're so inclined - and enjoy your life. I did, and I am. Just be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

I voted no because I think tatoos are a bad idea to begin with. I would never get one because I have enough permanent/disfiguring scars that God gave me for being stupid. I don't want to go and start adding my own tributes to my personal idioticy when I should know better.

Guest rie rahien

i think it is god idea i want one too all good drawers and painters please sent on this mail your wiew of wot tattos rands dragons,saenshan ravens,aes sedai symbols all that you might think that looks good[/img]

I think it would be awesome to get a WoT tattoo. I don't have any idea which symbol I would get because there are so many cool symbols. Maybe something will jump at me as I finish the series for the second time.

I already have 1 tattoo. My husband and I got matching tattoos with each others initials in them. I don't regret that tattoo one bit and neither does my husband who has 3 tattoos.

I am currently looking for a tattoo artist worthy enough to do a tattoo of my boys' names.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to get a WoT tattoo before I leave for college this fall. I'm not sure of what though. At first I wanted the dragon somewhere on my arm but now I'm not so keen about that. I've decided get a tattoo that deals with Perrin. I've kinda got an idea of a wolf with a blacksmith's hammer in its mouth but I don't know for sure. Just have to think about it.

• 3 years later...

Archived