DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where is Gawin? KoD spoilers Beware!!!

Something that just came to me while listening to Egwene talk to Beonin in the tower. If Gawin and the younglings were at Tar Valon, if he knew she was being kept there as a prisoner he would send all his men at the tower. So the question is where is he? The last I remember seeing him is right after Dumais Wells, Obliviously he could have returned to the tower by now, but I dont recall if this was ever brought up.

I believe Gawyn and the Younglings were either choosing to remain neutral or are being forced into neutrality. They are outside the city of Tar Valon as far as I know, and Gawyn probably doesn't even know that Egwene is with the rebels, much less their Amyrlin.

Something that just came to me while listening to Egwene talk to Beonin in the tower. If Gawin and the younglings were at Tar Valon' date=' if he knew she was being kept there as a prisoner he would send all his men at the tower. So the question is where is he? The last I remember seeing him is right after Dumais Wells, Obliviously he could have returned to the tower by now, but I dont recall if this was ever brought up.[/quote']

Isn't he in that town where Tar Valon gets its cheese with a couple of AS?

J

If you remember min has a vision in TSR (chapter "the truth of a viewing") of Gawyn either bowing to Egwene or breaking her neck, i think that his roll in AMOL will be to fulfill either of these viewings (IMO the bowing to Egwene viewing will come to pass). So what im thinking is he'll hear of Egwenes captivity and run off to help and in so doing there is the possibility he will get her killed.

The last time we heard from Gawyn was in the Prologue of Crossroads of Twilight. He's in Dorlan and has just recieved from Elida (though we don't know what they are we assume he and the Younglings are to attack Bryne's army). Narenwin is to take control of the Aes Sedai with Gawyn, and Katerine and Tarn both want to get back to the White Tower. The next morning they head towards the Tar Valon.

As to Min's veiwing of kneeling or breaking Egwene's neck, he'll probably kneel. Though I wouldn't mind him going mad and being killed off. At this point in the series I like Galad a lot more.

Considering how badly Rand is going to need a united WT that's on good terms with him and the BT when the Last Battle comes, I don't think the pattern would let anything other than bowing to Egwene happen at this point. I don't think the deciding point is yet to happen, I think the deciding point has already happened. It happened when he found her in Cairhien and didn't report her to the AS he was there with.

i believe the viewing relates to choice he has to make; his alligience to the tower and his men, or egwene.

i dont think she will allow him to 'rescue' her any more than she allowed those other sisters.

IMO, i think gawin will come to help defend the tower and become so involved with the tower's defence before he knows where Eg. is that whatever he chooses, there will be tragedy and heartache. their story strikes me as a tragedy rather than a happy ending kind.

dark thoughts i know, but there is just this feeling...i think that he has been 'hidden' from us as a buildup to the inevitable. i just hope they find each other before they try and kileach other on the battlefield accidentally.

That can't be right though, because didn't Egwene tell Gawyn she was going to bond him her warder, and as soon as she said it she realized what her one dream meant. So unless you think they are going to meet up, get bonded, and then somehow still end up on opposite sides of the conflict, after they have talked, I cannot see how their story could possibly end with one of them accidentally killing or hurting the other.

Archived