DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How many Ash'amen are there now?

wvlr

Taim said that he was going to match the WT.    Has he done that yet?      I think that Taim only has 40 to 50 of his special Ash'amen, but all the rest are Rand's/Logain's surely that is several hundred, maybe even 500 or so.    Does anyone have a better guess - reference?

Guest leebarr

I think in book 7 or 8 when Rand is talking to Taim about BT right before Rand is to fight seachan there was about 600-700. so by book 11 BT should be close to macthing WT

I think some where it was said that are about 1000 Aes Sedai and Taim said he could match that in a year. So I am guessing about 700 to under 1000.

Wow! I hope that more than half of them are loyal to Rand or we are going to have a SERIOUS problem in the last book.

Yes, but 47 of them will be able to link, because they'll have Aes Sedai on their side too...

Actually, more than that, depending on how many of the Asha'man who captured and bonded Aes Sedai are loyal to Logain and how many are loyal to Taim...

Yeah, it's gonna be a battle royal.  The only thing Logain has is the new weaves and linking

As if those two things were not huge!    There is also the possibility that Logain could "borrow" Callander - not a certianty but it might happen. 

Regardless, just more men plus linking is a Huge advantage!  Plus those weaves are no small item either.  I really wanted to see that fight and Moraine's rescue in KoD.    I was shocked when it did not happen - that leaves SO much to be wrapped up in AMoL.

Firstly, we know that as of KoD Taim has 100 men in direct support of him. In total, the numbers of the Black Towere are somewhat blurry--Taim claims a new addition of 5 or 6 a day, and as of PoD they number 448. This, minus the losses due to forcing, matches Toveines estimate of 500 in Winter's Heart. If that continued, then currently the Black Tower would number somewhere around 800, and could reach as high as 1000.

every single ashaman-level ashaman is tied to taim(excluding logain).  probably a respectable amount of the soldiers and dedicated will side with taim too

Unlikely. they've all been distributed between Arad Domon and Illian. Taim only has his loyal 100 Asha'men with him.

Archived