DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why hasn't Rand "Sent" an Ash'aman to help Mat?

wvlr

Rand gave Perrin several and sure he knows that Mat had the Band with him earlier, but why not send an Ash'aman also to help out and carry messages?    I know that Rand was busy "Making Babies" the last time he saw Elayene but surely he should have asked/she should have told him/or Nynaeve should have later, that they left Mat in Ebou Dar.

Rand can "see" Mat via the "colors" surely he could do that several times in a row & then send the Ash'aman to the general area?    He does have several Ash'amen from Two Rivers that would recognize Mat.

It just seems week to me that he has not done this.

What do you think?

The quick and dirty answer to this would more than likely be that, Rand knows Mat's aversion to the power (generaly) and doubted he would accept one among his men even one he was familure with. We know Mat dosen't seem to have a problem with the Aes Sedai with him at least not when there is a battle to be fought. But even Mat would have been very reluctiant to accept a man who could channel among his men not knowing when he was going to go mad. Now with the source clean it would be a simple matter but it's not something I think he has considered since the cleansing. And as we saw in Perrin's PoV it's unlikely Mat would believe it either at least not for a very long time. Perrin dosen't seem to buy into it at least not yet and more than likely won't till he hears the facts from Rands own mouth.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]            starwars1.gif   

I disagree.    Very much.

Min has told Rand flat out - no ifs, ands,or buts - that all three of them were needed to win against the DO.    Only with all three together did they have a chance against the "darkness" that swallows up all the fireflies.  "Not an exact quote- but I take this to mmean to win against the DO."

If Mat is that important of an asset - not to mention FRIEND - Rand should take reasonable steps to protect him.  Sure Mat has the "Foxhead" but there are plenty other dangers out there:  Gray Men, Seanchan, Shaido, Darkfreinds, Darkhounds, Fades, Dathcr, Fain ++++++++.

Not to mention that Mat is tied to the Horn and TG is getting real close, he should want access to call Mat ASAP when shit starts hitting the fan.   

Just the fact that the "Girls" abandoned my friend in Ebu Dar would be enough for me to send him help.

This lack of assorted reasonable forthought and planning throughout the books really disturbs me.    A little of it is understandable, it even makes the series more believable, but this type of thing happens way too frequently and not just with Rand.

Matt does not need ashamen.  He has a group of Asedai traveling with him.  If Matt felt he needed more chanelers now all he would have to do is ask Tuon and grovel abit and Tuon would send her husband a nummber of Suldamme and Dammae.  Matt is now the Prince of Ravens even if he does not like it.  Matt has a number of Deathwatch guards with him.  Musange has a Black Raven tattoed on his shoulder and serves Mattt as well as Tuon. I would not be suprised if Tuon sends Matt a number of Death watch guards Suldamme and Dammae to look after Matt to see nothing happens to him.

Matt does not need ashamen.   He has a group of Asedai traveling with him.  If Matt felt he needed more chanelers now all he would have to do is ask Tuon and grovel abit and Tuon would send her husband a nummber of Suldamme and Dammae.  Matt is now the Prince of Ravens even if he does not like it.  Matt has a number of Deathwatch guards with him.  Musange has a Black Raven tattoed on his shoulder and serves Mattt as well as Tuon. I would not be suprised if Tuon sends Matt a number of Death watch guards Suldamme and Dammae to look after Matt to see nothing happens to him.

While I agree that Tuon "might" send Musange+ back to try to watch over Mat.  Musange is not with Mat now and it would be hard for Musange to find him again.  On top of that Mat and the band are going to split soon.  It might be fairly ease for Musange to follow the Band but he is not likely to be happy when he finds out Mat is not with them.  If he is patient - Mat will probably return, but will the Band let him stick around without Mat?

Above and beyond that - the Main thing that I have been saying is that Mat needs access to Rand & visa-versa.  How would adding Seanchan Damane help Mat with access to Rand?    Do they know how to Travel?    Do they know where Rand is?

The answer to both is no.

Rand couldn't have sent Mat help in Ebou Dar after the leave-taking.  Matt can't bind the nine moons to Rand, Mat can't find Satelle which is very probably critical to Tuon accepting channelers are not animals.  Mat can't free Bethamin and Cita.  There's probably more I'm forgetting but the top two are critical.  The pattern needed Mat to stay there.

I always thought part of it was Rand is not sure how many of the Ash'aman he can trust.  I think he has a select few that are with him, running errands or with Perrin that he actually does trust....to a degree.  If he had to send any to Mat, I am not sure he would find others that he has enough trust in. 

Also, think of the timing. Rand sends perrin out when the BT was an organised structure, he sent mat when th BT was 7 or 8 people who could barely touch the power.

I agree with this.

IIRC Matt was sent south just just after the seige at Cairhein. The BT doesn't start until after Rand has taken Andor. Then Rand doesn't see Matt again until Mat's sent off after Elayne, which is still pretty early on as far as the BT is concerned. I don't think Rand knew exactly how far they'd prgressed until Dumai's Wells.

Guest Dreadlord

If Mat is that important of an asset - not to mention FRIEND - Rand should take reasonable steps to protect him.  Sure Mat has the "Foxhead" but there are plenty other dangers out there:  Gray Men, Seanchan, Shaido, Darkfreinds, Darkhounds, Fades, Dathcr, Fain ++++++++

UNQUOTE

What is Dathcr? I thought it must be a typing error but even so I cant figure that one out.

Now with the source clean it would be a simple matter but it's not something I think he has considered since the cleansing. And as we saw in Perrin's PoV it's unlikely Mat would believe it either at least not for a very long time. Perrin dosen't seem to buy into it at least not yet and more than likely won't till he hears the facts from Rands own mouth.

UNQUOTE

Thats something I dont understand; why dont people know Rand cleansed Saidin? Sure some people do, but Logain doesnt-he thinks the Creator did it, unless I misread.

Thats something I dont understand; why dont people know Rand cleansed Saidin? Sure some people do, but Logain doesnt-he thinks the Creator did it, unless I misread.

Well Rand dosen't seem to be into explaining things to people. Those who were directly involved know what happened exactly and Loial of corse. But I think he seems content to let the others think what they will. Because announcing to the world what happened will make him a bigger target because someone like Taim might come after the male access key. He knows the Forsaken knows he has it but they don't seem to care or think it was destroyed either way since Shadar Logoth I can't remember any of them in their PoV's mentioning it. Plus Rand is distrustful of those Aes Sedai who haven't sworn to him, so I don't see him running into the rebel camp and explaining what they did.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]            starwars1.gif

Archived