DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Mordin Rand link

Corbett

The only thing we actually do know is that it causes Rands dissiness, and from what we saw in KOD, quite possibly the same dissiness for Moridin. And that they can "see" eachother. Oh, and the link is caused by the balefire streams crossing in ACOS.

Anything else is RAFO.

Guest Dreadlord

I love it how everyone mentioons the bodyswap theory, that theory ws mine under a different name before the Dragonmount site changed.

Anyway, there is the thing that Rand feels sometimes, where he thinks "if either moved they would touch." This is what made me think of the bodyswap thing. Could Rand strike at Moridin through the link? Maybe theyll be able to communicate through it at some point

They begin at first unconnected. Rand first speaks of being dizzy when channling in TPoD after the fall of Illian, and it continues on like that until part way through Winter's Heart when he starts seeing the blurry image of a man. Then near the middle of Winter's Heart Rand experiences the dizziness coming without channeling, and it brings with it the image of the man looking sick and angry. Finally in KoD Rand gets to see a perfect image of Moridin, and this is the first time he channels without feeling dizzy, which leads me to believe the nausia stems from disorientation coming from the confused perceptions of the weak link--it also shows that the link is growing steadily stronger.

There are other possible mentions of the man seperate of the link--usually involving dreams, or comments by LTT.

He first mentions the face in TPoD Chapter 21.

"It was not always Lews Therin, either, the face he had come to recognize as Lews Therin's. Sometimes it was blurred, yet vaguely familiar, and Lews Therin seemed startled by it, too. That was an indication how far the man's madness went. Or maybe his own."

Then Lews Therin references it twice in Winter's Heart

"I thought I could build, Lews Therin murmured in his head. I was wrong. We are not builders, not you, or I, or the other one. We are destroyers. Destroyers."

"You destroyed them already, Lews Therin whispered in his head. Now you have someone else to destroy, and not beforetime. How many will we three kill before the end, I wonder."

But meh.

As to your question, my belief is that the link will ultimately lead to the body-swap--it is growing stronger, and i believe that during a fight Rand will cut Moridin off from the Dark One forcing him to draw on saidin thus strengthening the link further--for the first time both will be channeling saidin at the same time, and it will result in their souls swapping bodies. For full details on that check out this thread. http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,14029.0.html

But as for other effects this link has had on the story. It is my belief that it is the reason Moridin turned to using the True Power only (to avoid the illness), and that it is also the reason Moridin has recently re-issued the no-kill order.

I love it how everyone mentioons the bodyswap theory, that theory ws mine under a different name before the Dragonmount site changed.

It's actually sort of mine, Dreadlord. And well documented as such. Indeed, i think people are rather sick of me hitting them over the head with it.

Speaking of...

And of corse there is always the possiablity of the body swap thing happening because of this odd link. Not that I believe such things....*whistles innocently*.....

You love it!

They begin at first unconnected. Rand first speaks of being dizzy when channling in TPoD after the fall of Illian, and it continues on like that until part way through Winter's Heart when he starts seeing the blurry image of a man. Then near the middle of Winter's Heart Rand experiences the dizziness coming without channeling, and it brings with it the image of the man looking sick and angry. Finally in KoD Rand gets to see a perfect image of Moridin, and this is the first time he channels without feeling dizzy, which leads me to believe the nausia stems from disorientation coming from the confused perceptions of the weak link--it also shows that the link is growing steadily stronger.

Luckers, you seem to have read most of RJ's notes, so do you think the link will enable Rand to spy on Moridin, which would be cool, or for Moridin to spy on Rand, can't say that I like that thought too much.

At the moment i would say no. The perceptions seem to only be an image of the person, and not his surroundings, nor his thoughts.

That being said the link is growing stronger so its possible that could change. On the other hand Rand may suddenly get a flash of Moridin wearing clothes that reveal where he is or something...

No, neither man feels the others sensations. Moridin might attempt to rescue Semirhage, if he could--but i suspect that she is beyond his power to rescue. It seems more likely to me that he'll simply have her killed if he can. And no, Rand has no addiction to the True Power--the blurry vision and black dots he experienced resulted from looking straight at the explosion that took his hand.

Guest Dreadlord

It's actually sort of mine, Dreadlord. And well documented as such. Indeed, i think people are rather sick of me hitting them over the head with it.

UNQUOTE

Well all I can say is great minds thik alike because I did come up with the theory of the bodyswap as well.

As for the Saa, there was a lot of speculation that Rand s0oomehow used the True Power when Semi fireballed him. Obviously its not true. I am really curious about this link

Guest Dreadlord

QUOTING "The Other One," another thread

Abruptly another image was floating in his head, a man's face, and his breath caught. For the first time it came without any dizziness. For the first time he could see it clearly in the moments before it vanished. A blue eyed man with a square chin, perhaps a few years older than himself. Or rather he saw it clearly for the first time in a long while. It was the face of the stranger who had saved his life in Shadar Logoth. [KOD: News for the Dragon, 388]

Archived